View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I swear. They left all these scenes in where Sansa shows her distrust of LF. They should obviously have had her scheming from the beginning, and instead of having those obviously pointless fights between her and Arya, shown her to be working with Yohn Royce and others. If you want to pretend she's taken in, fine. Just have her meet them, say 'i have a problem regarding my sister", then cut away. Let the audience assume she's scheming against Arya, then reveal later that she was actually scheming against LF.

Why they didn't do something so simple is beyond me.
If nothing else, they should have added a short soliloquy that immediately followed her scene with Littlefinger, the one where he was trying to get her to imagine the worst motivations for Arya's actions. They could have either used it to finally make her do the same openly with regards to Littlefinger, or, if they wanted to make her seem slightly more perceptive, just use it to have her quietly comment to herself after he left the room something along the lines of "Just how stupid do you think I am?".

I think this was the unfortunate result of their cost-saving decision to have Sansa take the place of the fake-Arya as Ramsay's wife. Much of Sansa's growth/training took place in the Vale, scenes that were curtailed so that they could combine her plot with Ramsay's. It meant that she had to continue playing the brainless damsel in distress instead of training with Littlefinger to become the devious, Machiavellian politician in parallel to her sister's assassin training.