View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to 1Powerslave Send a message via MSN to 1Powerslave Send a message via Yahoo to 1Powerslave

It might have been common knowledge among the Aes Sedai that Cadsuane had kept a male a'dam close to her. Everyone probably knew that she wanted to test the male a'dam on the Asha'man (she said she had asked Rand about it), like she had tested the a'dam on herself. Everyone knew she had all of the ter'angreal recovered from Semirhage. Even the Wise Ones knew to ask.
So where does she have them? Under her dress? No. In her room is the next place to look. That she stashed Callandor with friends far away, but if Shaidar Haran only knew that she had kept one male a'dam with her, it was enough for him to find it at will I should think. He then gave it to Elza who waited with it for Semirhage.

I do agree though, that Shaidar Haran wouldn't go and initiate this rescue of Semirhage unless he was sure to get hold of The Domination Band. That is, if he was sure that Cadsuane had kept one with her. He doesn't need to know exactly where in the camp it is, that is obvious.

I did not at all get the feeling that Sorilea was calling in the favor gained for showing Travelling. She just thought that it was a small request that should be well within the terms of them working together. Cadsuane recognised that if she denied Sorilea this simple request (which in no way compares to the gift of Travelling of course, which Cadsuane, Sorilea and we know), she would jeapordise her trust/working relationship with Sorilea. It is clear that Sorilea did not want to trade Travelling for seeing the Sad Bracelets alone and call it even. Possibly she expect that seeing them along with a dozen other small favors would compare to Travelling.

If anything I think it is strange that Cadsuane would hesitate showing this to Sorilea, it's such a simple request.

Sorilea and Bair comments on that it is unwise to keep something so dangerous to the Car'a'carn so close to him. And they are right about that. Which is reason enough to ask to see it. Cadsuane wants to test it because it is dangerous and; Bair thinks that testing with it is evil, Sorilea appearantly agrees with Cadsuane that it would be useful to test it on some of the men.