View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Yes, I know, but he was paranoid in book three, more so in book four, and increasingly so as the books went on. You won't be able to draw a direct connection between that wound and his paranoia, trust me. It's a nice thing to consider, like 'oh this is contributing too', but that's pretty much where it ends.
I draw a distinction between feeling hunted (quite correctly, since he was being hunted by the Forsaken), and not trusting anyone. When you know there are powerful enemies watching you, its not paranoid to be on the lookout. When you don't trust literally anyone but one single person, and she is the love of your life, and even then your suspicious of her, thats paranoia. Apprehension with cause is just being cautious. Apprehension applied universally is paranoia.

Also, again, I doubt Brandon would have come out and specifically say it was having an effect if it wasn't a big contributor to the problem.