View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei View Post
Isn't this actually how men Travel? I seem to remember at one point, Rand explains his technique of Travelling to Egwene where he says that he bores a hole from one end of the Pattern to another so that there's no distance between.
Gonzo posted Rand's explanation to Egwene; contrast the Watcher traveling with the TP.
from eWOT:\books\acos\ch20.html
"The Watcher feels the prickling of saidar end and smiles crookedly. He decides not to kill the seven women1 at the clearing, then rips a hole with the True Power and steps outside the Pattern."
The difference is in the folding of the pattern so that there is no distance between the origin and destination before the hole is "bored."

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.