View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Elder

ckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of lightckparrothead is a glorious beacon of light

What if the reason Rand gets to live after he dies is because the Dark One himself revives him?

I guess it's easy to assume that if Rand dies, that = Dark One victory...but maybe it's not so. Maybe he needs Rand alive, and the fact that Rand has channeled the True Power gives the Lord of the Grave the ability to reincarnate him like he did Aginor, Balthamael, Ishamael, Lanfear, etc.

Anyway that was a great read on the whole Gawyn will kill Rand thing. Not sure if any of it will actually happen that way but still a great read.

And the theory about Mat's medallion being really important...I kind of like it.

I have wondered lately if that whole experience of Mat's with the foxes had been examined closely enough. I'm not sure if anyone has really examined closely what gifts that Mat received that answer his requests, and what price he paid. I think there's the obvious and shallow, but RJ has shown himself to be at times pretty averse to the obvious and shallow.

For instance, the stuff written on the spear, what if it's not just some cutesy rhyme?

"The Arrow of Time" is an important philosophical and scientific concept, related strongly to the second law of thermodynamics, which states that entropy (randomness) increases over time. That theory was challenged by Maxwell's Demon, a thought experiment that hypothesized a Demon in charge of a trap door between two gas containers of the same temperature, but that the Demon would only allow fast-moving particles to flow one way and slow-moving particles to flow the other way through the trap door, thus decreasing entropy (randomness) and violating the second law of thermodynamics.

I'm not going to pretend I know how this all relates to The Wheel of Time series, the Finns or the Dark One or anything like that...it's just an example of something that may not have been talked about or theorized about.

What if RJ decided that there would be two of Maxwell's Demons? The snakes give true answers, and thus decrease entropy. The foxes would therefore increase entropy...and one way they could certainly do that would be setting Mat on the path that would lead to the death of the Dragon Reborn (the medallion).