View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
What if the reason Rand gets to live after he dies is because the Dark One himself revives him?
It's possible, but probably not preferable. I think that Rand's connection with Moridin, and him using the True Power, is a very, very bad thing. I think that's precisely why he has to die.

I figure that there is a reason for everything in the WoT world, and that the reason why Moghedien had to rip Birgitte out of Tel'aran'rhiod, the reason why Birgitte was compelled to break the precepts in Perrin's presence, was so that Nynaeve could learn how it was done, and 'heal' Rand's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp
And the theory about Mat's medallion being really important...I kind of like it.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp
For instance, the stuff written on the spear, what if it's not just some cutesy rhyme?
We have known that it is not for some time. Odin hanged himself on a tree for knowledge, and he has two ravens named 'thought' and 'memory' that perch on his shoulders. I think that the obvious Odin parallels rather cleverly distract from the Judas parallel.