View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
The Forsaken are the strongest AS who went over to the Shadow. We know from Cadsuane's comments in New Spring that the AS are getting weaker, so it stands to reason that the Forsaken are truly exceptional.
It should be noted that the 13 Forsaken are just a sampling of the Channelers who went over to the DO. We, (and RJ,) put channlers as strong or stronger than Moghedien and Asmodean in a separate class -- "Forsaken Class" -- but that isn't really representative of Shadow Channelers.

Personally, I suspect that Moghedien and Asmodean aren't as strong as people think they are and "Forsaken Class" covers a wider range of power levels than commonly thought. They are still "above average" and stronger than the vast majority of Aes Sedai, but not as far above as most credit them with.

It is also probably worth noting that most of those who are as strong or stronger than Nyneave are not Aes Sedai or affiliated with the WT at the time of Nyneave's battle with Moghedien in the Panarch's Museum. Aes Sedai and the Forsaken both make the mistake of assuming the WT is the pinnacle of Channeling ability in the Third Age, when almost every Channeling group outside of the Tower has at least one person stronger than the Tower has seen in centuries, and several more talented.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.