View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Youngling

suttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholam View Post
Any specifics about borderland Greens and Warders. I am not talking about the greens comfortably ensconced in a kings court. I am talking about those who actually fight. If anything, most of the green Ajah should be in the borderlands for they are the fighting Ajah and AS only fight with the shadownspawn. Where else do they find trollocs if not at the borderlands? But we see... how many greens fighting there? We have seen Ituralde, fighting at the BL with the help of Ashaman. We have seen Mradon almost falling. Where were the AS there.

As for them saving the world from shadow, of course they might have done some good accidentally.
We have a quote from the author saying they are up there guarding. They quite obviously are not just sitting court. In addition from tEotW...

EotW
Quote:
None of their scouts, and none of the Warders, report Trolloc massing above their borders, as we have here, but they believe
Now if we know around that time that...
Quote:
"Kandor, Arafel, Saldaea – the Trollocs raided them all straight through the winter. Nothing like that has happened since the Trolloc Wars; the raids have never been so fierce, or so large, or pressed home so hard
A winter of heavy raiding has been damn near unheard of since the Trolloc Wars, what would you have them do given the size of the border and low numbers of AS? Davien has the right of it in his post. We know Greens are up their fighting but pre-travelling it would be close to impossible to be in the right place at the right time to combat raids.
"Waves are the ultimate illusion. They come out of nowhere, instantaneously materialize, and just as quickly they break and vanish. Chasing after such fleeting mirages is a complete wast of time. That is what I choose to do with my life." - Miki Dora

Last edited by suttree; 04-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.