View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future
Default Ok, this is a new low for me...

I'm now going to theorize without reading the book, and on the basis of a few snippets... Am I a WoT junkie or what? :P

So, as I see it, there's someone who interrupts Avi's run to Rhuidean and makes her think about the Aiel's future. I'm assuming the timeline fits enough for this to be Verin.

Now, I'd like to know from someone how she's described. Any clues there?

Because I have an idea... what if this woman is Lanfear? We know she had Aiel attached to her (Rand's ancestor). She has lived among the Aiel for some time as a peddler. She also personally knows Aviendha, and maybe through spying on the Aiel's dreams, knows how important the WO regard her to be.

Now, there are some hints that Lanfear is rather more involved with the story than as a mere slave of Moridin's. There's a possibility he used to love her. There's a chance she may want to turn back. There's a chance she's part of a trap for Rand. We don't know. What we do know is, Moridin has some plans for her, and she may still have her own plans.

Whatever be the case, the interference of this Nakomi woman ensured that Avi used the glass columns differently. Given the instability in the Pattern, and what RJ said about prophesies and viewings at this time, what she sees may not even be true. What if Lanfear was able, to an extent, to figure out what Aviendha would see and then drove her to see it so that her future actions will be informed by these viewings? What if this is Moridin's plan to screw with the Aiel, or else maybe Cyndane actually helping them so that they don't get destroyed?

It is completely crazy, I know. But is there anything that conclusively disproves it?