View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Those of you who are familiar with the interviews will recognize the one we already knew about (which raises the question about Farstrider's assumption that they used mirrors).
Yeah, the Farstrider mirror thing bugged me when I first read it in TOM. And there are actually two quotes that indicate that the physical laws in Finnland are quite different, the one above and this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
A Crown of Swords book tour 9 October 1996, Dunwoody, GA - Erica Sadun reporting

Q: Also, what was going on in Aelfland when Mat went round and round and round the same location? Were they traveling in time?

RJ: Not traveling in time, the physical laws of nature differ. Mentioning the Dark One here is bad luck. In Aelfland, it is really bad. You cannot go to Aelfland in Tel'aran'rhiod (similar to stedding).
So anyway, reading that section about the mirrors again, I think it was meant to show that Jain was just freaked out by the weirdness of Finnland:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ/BS
TITLE: Towers of Midnight
CHAPTER: 54 - The Light of the World

It had been a long walk before. Or had it been a short one? Time blended here. It seemed that they ran for many hours, yet it also felt like moments.

And then the doorway was in front of them, appearing like a striking adder. It had not been there a moment before. The rim of the opening was intricately carved wood, with an impossible pattern of weaving vines that seemed to double back on one another and make no sense.

All three pulled to a halt. "Mirrors," Noal said. "I've seen it before. That's how they do it, obscuring things with mirrors." He sounded unnerved. Where did one hide mirrors in a bloody straight tunnel?

They were in the right place; Mat could smell it. The stink of the Eelfinn was strongest here. He set his jaw and stepped through the doorway.