View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

My point with those comments was the amount of plot that needs attention. I don't see all that happening and leaving space for a massive battle in Caemlyn and a sword fight. Its just a feeling. I am not trying to debate your research, that would be pointless. Your theory is well laid out, well documented, and you have supported it well. That being said, it can still be wrong.

While Tuon expresses a desire to contain Rand, I don't see why that requires a complete change in strategy. They have just finished off an attack that was at best an even exchange and at the least scared the crap of out some Seachan. A lone woman they could not defeat. Yes it was a raid, but they could not stop Egwene from ripping them apart. Do they think they would fair better in Caemlyn? These are militarily intelligent people. They know that there is random shadowspawn walking around. They know that the AS can travel. They know the Asha'man can travel. Given that they scout the crap out places, they should, or will when they scout, know the BT is near Caemlyn. They know there are Aiel with in distance. They know all those forces will be against them. You are suggesting they will deliberately attack that city, knowing full well that it should attract the attention of Rand and that all those forces will attack them. Really? After they have been out maneuvered by Ituralde and man handled by Egwene? They are smarting than that. Travel a long distance for a raid, sure. Attack some well defended city with stretched out supplies lines through hostile territory with channelers abound? I think not.