Thread: rand's reread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Apparently, Ogier don't "see" ta'veren, but "feel it in them", which explains the "no". They can have Talents, though not quite the same set as humans have (Tree Singing is one that humans don't seem to have, for instance), thus explaining the second "yes". And Ogier can't channel, which explains the first "yes".
Okay, yeah. I forgot those types of things were considered Talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
Yes, Myrddraal can travel through shadows. IIRC, there is one mention of a Fade seeking "the hard edge of shadow needed to Travel" or something to that effect.

So the can't just Travel to anyplace that is dark, they need a 'line of contrast' and the greater the contrast, the easier it is to Travel through that shadow.

I don't know of any limitation other than the need for a line of contrast. A Fade was in Ebou Dar(?) and departed via Shadow Walking, but his destination was unknown.
Thanks. So I guess Fades basically can Travel anywhere, they just don't for the most part.