View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand View Post
I forget where, but I read in one of the articles today that he's a big WoT fan. So there's that, at least.
So are we, and while we all should want someone who loves the source material, let's be blunt...

Quote:
After Survivor, Judkins moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in screenwriting. With his writing partner and best friend, Lauren LeFranc, he was staffed on the short-lived Christian Slater drama, My Own Worst Enemy. After that, he and Lauren were hired on the third season of Chuck.[2][3] Their episodes included Chuck Versus the Tic Tac,[2] Chuck Versus the Honeymooners,[2] Chuck Versus the First Fight, Chuck Versus the Push Mix, and the first of half of the series finale Chuck Versus Sarah. After a stint on "Hemlock Grove" they are now writing for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.[4] On April 20, 2017, it was announced that Judkins would be writing the television adapatation of The Wheel of Time.[5]
...this is not an impressive cv. Mind you, it's possible that I am somewhat blinded here by a contempt for Survivor, but this does not even seem a mediocre cv. It doesn't inspire an impression that Sony has serious intentions here, nor intentions for the type of investment that would be needed to make this what it should be. This kid seems like the type of person one would hire to write the same sort of nonsense that was hidden within an infomercial timeslot. He seems like the type of kid that one would pay a few thousand bucks, and tell him to throw something together to air at 1:30 am on fxx so that you don't lose your filming rights.