View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Depends on how true you want to keep the series. What might be the most "successful" is if you go HBO and up the adult content. You could even keep Elayne's bath scenes in for the nudity.
It doesn't need gratuitous nudity to be successful, and there isn't any "adult" content in the first book that wouldn't be gratuitous. I'm more worried about the quality of the writing (and this kid does not inspire confidence, it sounds like he just knew the right people to open a door, and, more importantly, BS apparently wasn't interested in doing it himself), the quality of the acting (this is one obvious way in which being on HBO or Netflix would allay many concerns, as either venue would mean sufficient investment), and the quality of the sets and channeling (wherein HBO again would obviously be the most re-assuring in terms of financing). That and I worry about drastic curtailing of storylines and the excising/condensing characters - i.e. do they decide to combine Min, Elaine, and Aviendha into one character.

Still, at least the first book carries the benefit of a relatively small number of characters, and a comparatively simplistic way in which channeling would need to be shown. So, if successful, they would not need to really expand the budget until season two to deal with the expanded complexities of tGH compared to tEotW. I still think that it will be difficult to convince established actors and actresses to commit to a project that if successful should last a decade and drastically limit other options in their career.

Those problems could all be adequately solved by using animation and voice actors instead. I'd be much more enthusiastic if the reveal was that the partner was say Disney, Ghibli, or KyoAni.