View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Youngling

the_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud of

I'm on this exact same chapter (TGH #48) in my reread right now, as of this morning.

First, the wind that you refer to I've noticed on many, many occasions where Rand has a PoV in these first two books. It just occurred to me last night (as I read Chapters 45-48 or so), that it may be the case that Rand experiences this wind on every occasion that his destiny hangs in the balance (think of it is Rand's equivalent to Mat's dice-in-his-head). I thought about it because I also noticed that Rand arrives at various locations (Falme, Whitebridge, Fal Dara, Cairhien, Baerlon, the Eye - I'm pretty sure you get the idea) throughout the first two books just as the sun is rising.

As I just realized this mere hours ago, I haven't had an opportunity to double-check this theory for accuracy, but I've already planned to reread the first 3 books just as soon as I've finished TDR, because I have a ton of things I want to check on that I've noticed during this reread.

As for the Mark, I'm afraid I have nothing more to offer than you've already stated. In fact, if truth be told, I'm a paragraph or two away from Min finding Rand's slumbering body in that scene and Lanfear hasn't even entered the picture. So I'm a little underinformed to speculate at this time.

Thanks for the insight, though, CC.

"Egwene had told him she had murdered children...Too horrible for anyone to admit to unless it was true." [TGH: Chapter 46, Rand PoV]