View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acaelus View Post
Perhaps someone can refresh my memory. I vaguely remember it being mentioned that Lanfear visited the Finn(Judging by what she supposedly was given it was the Eelfinn). Where she supposedly was granted the wish of being as strong as a woman can be in regards to saidar and the most beautiful women.
This is Crispin's theory. It's about ten years old. It was also tied up in the Cyndane thing, if I recall, suggesting that Cyndane is what Lanfear looked like before. Those of us Theorylanders who post elsewhere managed to spread word of the theory, which gained popularity and a life of its own on other forums. But since you're not a lurker, you wouldn't have heard of that.

Quote:
Mat's price was death, but he went into the Ter'angreal doorframe unprepared. Which I highly doubt Lanfear would have done.
I don't think she realized she would be taking a trip to Finnland. Moiraine, on the other hand...

Quote:
Cyndane was noticeably weaker after her rebitrh. We have no knowledge that Aran'gar and Osen'gar were weaker after their rebirth. Therefore it can be reasonably concluded that it wasn't the cause.
The cause was presumably the same cause as Moiraine's loss in strength. The Eelfinn drained her, if not quite as much as they drained Moiraine; they told Moiraine they killed Lanfear by draining her too quickly, and perhaps that's true - as in, she died from the shock, but wasn't drained all the way. It's like torture; if you're really good you can keep the victim alive for a long time, but if you get too impatient, you might kill them on accident. However, it may be that they lied to Moiraine, since Moiraine saw a man come for her. The Shadow would not likely be ignorant of Lanfear's death, so why would they send someone in after her if she wasn't there?