View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_collective View Post
It also worked famously (and not even consciously on Lanfear's part) on Caldevwin at the inn they stayed at near the Choedan Kal. In fact, once she realizes that Caldevwin is making eyes at her and he asks for her name, she immediately channels to make one of the serving girls drop something to create a distraction, then immediately dismisses herself.

One thing I noticed about all of this (Caldevwin's encounter especially) is two things:

The effect is an area effect. Any male in close proximity to her seems to be affected equally, and she does not exhibit any ability to exclude certain individuals from the effect, or target specific individuals she wants to affect.

She seems unable/unwilling to turn off/control the intensity of the effect entirely, given how she handled the Caldevwin situation (be using the Power to cause a distraction, then excusing herself from his presence, rather than turning off or lessening the intensity of this effect, especially with regard to Caldevwin specifically).

Of course, Terez could have been displaying her world-class sarcasm here. Nevertheless, my post is also in response to CC's OP.
This sounds to me like a ter'angreal.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known