View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont get the Elayne hatred. For one, its important to understand her perspective. She's been taught her entire life that to be a proper Queen of Andor she must lead from the front...remember the vignette about the Queen who took her own banner and rode into the enemy army to rally her troops on the field? That's the model she's been given as appropriate to emulate.

Yeah, she lives dangerously but she's also very intelligent, quick to fix mistakes and she has many great qualities of a queen. She demonstrates empathy towards her subjects, she is stern when she needs to be and she successfully saved Andor from a brutal civil war through her political and military machinations.

Seriously, you're completely offbase with ripping Elayne.

Also, the glass columns that Avi sees is a possible future...not a guarantee. Odds are that future wont happen now that Avi has seen it and she will likely intercede to prvent it from happening.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot