View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alannalynn View Post
One of my own theories that's been rumbling in the back of my head for a while: what if the song the Tinkers are searching for is "Wash the spears," the Aiel battle song?
Unlikely, assuming that a Tinker would recoginse the Song when he or she hears it.
While not many Tinkers will have witnessed Aiel battles, some undoubtedly did. They wouldn't be killed or even threatened themselves, so afterwards they could report on what they saw and (more importantly) heard to other Tinkers.

Then there's this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR, Chapter 26, The Dedicated
"Sing?" Adan scoffed. "I have heard those old stories, too, that Aiel singing was a wondrous thing, but you know those old songs no more than I do. The songs are gone, and the old days are gone. We will not give up our duty to the Aes Sedai to chase after what is lost forever."
That shows that the idea of a song which was part of the Golden Age is actually older than giving up the Way of the Leaf and picking up the spear.

So while it is an interesting idea, it is not one that will work.