art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default Hey Frenzy!

I have been thinking for a few months that Brandon needs to eliminate another Asmodean suspect (I promise, I'll get to something you care about in a bit). The tweets went something like so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
You are probably aware that RJ was willing to eliminate a suspect for Asmodean at two times: in 2001 and in 2005. In 2001 he eliminated Rand on a general question; in 2005 at DragonCon he eliminated Fain from a list of suspects. I think it is time for one more! With only 1.5 years to go, it would be nice to have it narrowed down one more time (this with knowledge that you'd probably have to ask permission, and that it would be the last time before the reveal). The new list should probably be: Lanfear, Graendal, Aviendha, Taim, Slayer, Moiraine, Sammael, Moridin. I don't think anyone seriously argues anyone else, though I could be wrong.

If it's not Aviendha you should take the easy out on her because that's @Theoryland 's theory. Mine too. Few else. RJ loved the small whimper of Tam's pet theories as they died. (promise not to read into you picking someone else.) it's not as if Aviendha is the only easy out on that list. If you pace it you'll have a 2000+ glued to your feed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
I will ask if I can eliminate one, just for you.
Quote:
haha, not just for me. You know we haven't had much of anything good on Asmodean in forever. But thanks! Technically I am apathetic (click, it's funny stuff): http://www.theoryland.com/factions.php?func=4&rec=61
And then he tweeted this, not in response to me (so it shows up in everyone's feed):

Quote:
Lol. Well, I guess there IS a faction that doesn't care: http://bit.ly/cTGbqQ

Then I posted this:

Quote:
I started arguing for Aviendha because that would be awesome, if she killed him. All the other suspects...meh. ...but it is fun to see the fandom get all riled up about it, as if it is the most riveting mystery EVAR.
And then Tam posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
Lol @BrandonSandrson - yes there IS a faction that doesn't care about Asmodean; I should manually add your name http://bit.ly/cTGbqQ
So, uh...you might need to check your factions soon.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I would be so totally against ruling out any other suspect !!!! We have a short list as it is and it shouldn't get any smaller.

I want to find out who killed asmo, but not this way. The question will be answered in upcoming book or the next book.
That is fine by me.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

psssh, everyone else would love to have it narrowed down. I haven't seen any objections so far from anyone, and most people seem excited about the possibility. He'll probably take the easy route and rule out someone that hardly anyone believes did it anyway - I'm thinking he'll go for Aviendha, Sammael, Moiraine, or Moridin.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

I just think it would be a shame if he ruled out anyone. Even if I don't believe Aviendha, I can read the discussion and chuckle about it.
Those loony theories also make it fun.
Else it's mainly Slayer and Greandal as main candidates.

Besides, asking him to rule out one candidate is easy, try to form questions that help the speculation for one of the candidates.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default I'm pretty sure we've asked

Just about everything they will answer about Asmodean that would help...but that's just me.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
If they say anything, they'll likely pick one of those. And it would be fun to have a little bit more Asmodean!
The thing is: you don't know who he will rule out There is always a possibility he will rule out one of the main candidates.

Besides: do you really want him to rule out Aviendha?

Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
The thing is: you don't know who he will rule out There is always a possibility he will rule out one of the main candidates.
Why would he do that, though? The question was asked in full knowledge that he probably wouldn't, because RJ didn't. He ruled out peripheral suspects. The fandom is starving for and Asmodean tidbit, and ruling out a peripheral suspect is a much safer move for Team Jordan than giving us another clue.

And if he rules out Aviendha, then I can go back to being apathetic.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Why would he do that, though? The question was asked in full knowledge that he probably wouldn't, because RJ didn't.
If you ask a question, there is always the possibility that it will be answered

Oh well, lets just agree to disagree on this.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Okay. I'm aware that he can answer the way he wants. I just give him more credit for brains I guess. I also assumed he would be advised by Team Jordan on who to eliminate, though I suspect that he could make the choice and it would be a good choice. And yes, the loony theories are a part of it too, but he's only going to eliminate one of them. If I had to guess which one he'd go for, I'd say Moridin or Sammael, since one appears to have not been around at the time at all, and the other appears to have exonerated himself in POV. Few argue otherwise.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet he will finally eliminate poor Bela, since RJ refused to do so.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

She wasn't on the list.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
She wasn't on the list.
Is that list one you created for that post? RJ would have eliminated someone specifically NOT on your list, just because he was cruel that way. Don't know about Brandon.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
Is that list one you created for that post? RJ would have eliminated someone specifically NOT on your list, just because he was cruel that way. Don't know about Brandon.
If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see that RJ once eliminated Rand on a general question, and Fain from a list of suspects (9 of them, one of which was Fain). The list I suggested to Brandon had 8 names, at least 4 of which are peripheral suspects. Most people go for Graendal, Slayer, and Lanfear (despite the difficulties with the latter). I dunno about Taim's popularity as a suspect, but Sodas is hot for him, and while I tend to think Taim is a stretch, a good argument can be made for him. The old list had Shaidar Haran and Demandred and Semirhage on it, so I made a new list with those names. There are people that argue for Moridin and Moiraine at other boards more than here, and of course I like Aviendha and Tam does too.

Also, I don't think he would eliminate Moiraine just because she's the big mystery character for the next book, and Lanfear is connected to that. Sammael is easy because he's dead, and Moridin might be easy because he was assumed dead at the time. Aviendha would also be an easy one, if she didn't do it.

ETA: I should probably mention that there was one objection I saw from Dragonmount, but it was because he thought I had somehow botched our chances for asking him again after TOM. I can't see all of the comments that Brandon might be getting about it on Twitter, but I have seen two (by virtue of going to their pages to get the posts Brandon had responded to, concerning other things) and they were both excited about the possibility of having a suspect eliminated. I'm sure that if Brandon gets permission, he will act based on the feedback he's gotten.

Last edited by Terez; 08-12-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default What's for Lunch?

Quote:
She wasn't on the list.
You mean the "Bela ate Asmodean" theory, is no more?
You? No! ...Bela!
--------------------------------------------------

Gholam asked, "What's for lunch?"

Sammael replied, "Asmodean". Henceforth, known as the "Bloody Lunch theory".

I don't recollect RJ or BS burning this particular theory to ashes, right?

Body Count:
Victims? Herid Fel, Asmodean (possibly).

Targets now? Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, Aviendha.
You? No! ...Gholam!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax View Post
You mean the "Bela ate Asmodean" theory, is no more?
You? No! ...Bela!
--------------------------------------------------

Gholam asked, "What's for lunch?"

Sammael replied, "Asmodean". Henceforth, known as the "Bloody Lunch theory".

I don't recollect RJ or BS burning this particular theory to ashes, right?

Body Count:
Victims? Herid Fel, Asmodean (possibly).

Targets now? Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve, Aviendha.
You? No! ...Gholam!
You know, I don't quite know what to think about this. You are hard enough to follow without throwing a sense of humor into the mix. Now I'm wondering if all your crazy conspiracy theories are just a big joke.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

It looks like most of the feedback Brandon has gotten has been encouraging the elimination:

Quote:
Isabel
@Brandon Sanderson and Team Jordan: please don't rule out anyone who could have killed Asmodean.
Brandon
Ha. But so many are begging for an elimination. And it has been years.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know, I don't quite know what to think about this. You are hard enough to follow without throwing a sense of humor into the mix. Now I'm wondering if all your crazy conspiracy theories are just a big joke.
He's done it before a number of times. You probably just didn't notice if you have him on ignore.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Think about it this way

He's not going to discount one of the four suspects he believes make up four groups (although he hasn't said which four.) On the outskirts are Aviendha, Moiraine, Semirhage and some others. If they say anything, they'll likely pick one of those. And it would be fun to have a little bit more Asmodean! Cheer up little girl!