art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Cincinnati, OH - Joseph-Beth Booksellers - November 3rd @ 7pm

Wednesday, November 3rd - 7:00 PM
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
2692 Madison Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45208
*With special guest Harriet McDougal

Last edited by Nae'blis; 09-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

I "should" be able to make this.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Youngling

Maji is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never posted here before but I've trolled off/on for years, mostly stuck to Dragonmount ( xD ) for my forum but I'll be there if you need someone to shoot questions at Brandon. I live probably 10-15min from Joseph-Beth at the most.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Thanks Maji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maji View Post
I've never posted here before but I've trolled off/on for years, mostly stuck to Dragonmount ( xD ) for my forum but I'll be there if you need someone to shoot questions at Brandon. I live probably 10-15min from Joseph-Beth at the most.
I'm sure, after the prologue comes out tomorrow, we'll start putting together Tour question lists for those going to signings and interested in asking some.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Youngling

Rhea Rhea has a spectacular aura aboutRhea Rhea has a spectacular aura about

I will be there if I can swing getting off work in time to make the drive from Columbus.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea Rhea View Post
I will be there if I can swing getting off work in time to make the drive from Columbus.
Lame. I am going to come from Cleveland.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Elder

Its looking more iffy for me now. I will be down the weekend right before it for something else and coming down twice in a week, plus the work I would miss, is a pricey proposition.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

I will be attending as one of the Tower Guards! I am very grateful for this honor and look forward to having the best event possible!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res_Ipsa View Post
I will be attending as one of the Tower Guards! I am very grateful for this honor and look forward to having the best event possible!
Grats! We will likely post a Q&A thread for reports and suggested questions to ask Brandon. and welcome to TL!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 10-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Youngling

Rhea Rhea has a spectacular aura aboutRhea Rhea has a spectacular aura about

Redhope(Chrissy) and I are going to be there now that I don't have to worry about that pesky place I used to call work.

I look forward to meeting more of you there!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Youngling

Beren is an unknown quantity at this point

I should be able to make this one. I am going to ask a question that I have wanted to for quite a while. (whether Ishamael was loose during the events of A New Spring) I might have to ask something about one of the prophecies, but I will have to think on how to word it.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren View Post
I should be able to make this one. I am going to ask a question that I have wanted to for quite a while. (whether Ishamael was loose during the events of A New Spring) I might have to ask something about one of the prophecies, but I will have to think on how to word it.
Loose, as in completely loose?

Does it really matter? We know he was messing with the world for 3,000 years during his partial captivity. I would hate to see you waste a question.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Youngling

It's the home stretch now, I cannot wait for this signing :3 I'll keep my eye out in case there is some questions you wanna throw at me
Old 10-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Youngling

Galagros is an unknown quantity at this point

I really wish I could show up for this. I was going to call off work the next day, but my wife said she doesn't want to go.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Youngling

Couple of notes from last night:

Only real questions specific to the book were about the WOT Encyclopedia which Harriet said will be released 12 months after AMoL.

Confirmed Asmosdean's killer will be revealed in this book (but we knew that already). Someone asked if he would let them know what page and Brandon laughed and said he's not making it that easy.

One question I wrote down when somenoe asked was:

"Will we see Demandred in the book?"

Brandon: *Big Smile* "What do you mean? You saw Demandred all the time! He's shows up all the time!"

Revised Question: "Will we find who Demandred's alter-ego is?"

Brandon: "I'm gonna have to RAFO that one."

I have some pictures but I'm at work and will have to do that later
Old 11-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

The Tower Guard report mentioned other questions, like 'Is Shara just a red herring?', and 'Why was the female Choedan Kal sa’angreal destroyed during the cleansing of saidin, and not the male?' But they didn't give answers. That baffles me. Do they really think we care about all the other stuff?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
The Tower Guard report mentioned other questions, like 'Is Shara just a red herring?', and 'Why was the female Choedan Kal sa’angreal destroyed during the cleansing of saidin, and not the male?' But they didn't give answers. That baffles me. Do they really think we care about all the other stuff?
Both were RAFO's. I was not the Tower Guard transcribing otherwise I may have been able to be a bit more in depth. Also, part of the issue with the incompleteness is the book store itself. The events manager barb, was decidedly unpleasant and treated us like we were just there to get in the way. So we were put in the backroom to wait till Brandon arrived which was 25-30mins before the signing. Brandon had to tell her we needed to be included which really screwed with our organization we had planned. They, the store did not want our blogger close for whatever reason and much was lost, ohh well.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

That is so lame. And I thought this was one of Brandon's favorite bookstores? How can you like a bookstore with management like that?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
That is so lame. And I thought this was one of Brandon's favorite bookstores? How can you like a bookstore with management like that?
Yeah one of the guys there named Brian had supported him since Elantris and the dude was great, unfortunately it seems he fell under the events manager and we didnt have his contact till it was too late. I was the first among equals for my group and I contacted Barb 1 day after learning I was selected to get info that Jennifer recommended we ask. She responded at first but only with promises to get back to me, which were not returned. I showed up at the event hoping at least to get a schedule of events so that we could plan out our games and activities as well as get ready for fans and pass out schwag. She told us no, hold on and basically didnt care since we were not "official" Tor or with Brandon. Once Brandon got there he told her straight out we were there to help him she grudgingly put us in auxiliary roles and kept her normal staff there, ohh and they refused to give us the schwag until easily 30-45mins into the signing until Brandon mentioned it. But yeah the fans got really screwed in the whole ordeal is my way of thinking.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Elder

Default Fun with Gholams

At the Cincinnati signing I asked Brandon a question concerning our favorite killing machine!
Spoiler:
I asked Brandon since Shadowspawn die when they go through gateways was the gholam dead, or is it a construct? Brandon explained to me that it was not shadowspawn and a gateway would not kill it. However he went on about Gholams being limited by someone who can travel. I didnt push that response bc someone constantly being hunted would invariably have a moment where they were unawares so it was not really a limitation for the Gholam to hunt channelers who can travel.

An obvious RAFO would we be seeing this particular gholam again? I did not ask it though.