art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): ShadowbaneX, qrbevacquawerne,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Youngling

ka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the rough
Default PARIS, France - Tuesday 16 November - 7pm Paris time

Hey you guys, my devious plan to get a bookstore in Paris to invite Brandon Sanderson seems to have worked!

Brandon will be doing a signing at WH Smith in Paris. Thanks to them for setting this up and to Brandon for accepting.
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday 16 November - 7pm Paris time

Link to the bookstore's events page

I'm very happy about this signing because I will get to come to it and because it should be LOTS easier for folks in UK/Netherlands/Spain/Belgium to come if you want.

If you are going to come, please consider ordering your copy of TofM from them, or another book. You can get a 5% off card by signing up for their newsletter: http://www.whsmith.fr/formulairenewsletter.htm.

This is a very good bookstore and I like it a lot. Their staff all speak English by the way. Its also one of the only places you can find reces pieces and other US/UK food not ordinarily sold in France.

Last edited by ka243; 10-21-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added date and time to first post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Youngling

lowlandr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka243 View Post
PARIS, France, - November Date TBC
Hey you guys, my devious plan to get a bookstore in Paris to invite Brandon Sanderson seems to have worked!
Sweet man!!! nice job!!!
~wonders: 'now where did they put that rep-button'~

I'll be praying (figure of speach) they'll be coming up with some decent day and time... like Saturday in the afternoon...

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes.

Now the Great Lord comes.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Youngling

Bluedust is a jewel in the roughBluedust is a jewel in the roughBluedust is a jewel in the roughBluedust is a jewel in the rough

Wow that's awesome to hear grats!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Youngling

the website currently states:

Early November 2010

Brandon Sanderson, author of The Gathering Storm and The Towers of Midnight, will be at WH Smith Paris in early November. Check our website
regularly for the date and time!

Old 10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Elder

Sukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to behold

How did I not know about this bookstore when I was in Paris?

Is it new (as in post-2006)?

I must have walked by that location a million times and never noticed an English book shop. Blast!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Youngling

Mat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Mat

Good job!

That's just a 4 hour train ride for me, so I will be there
Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Youngling

ka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the rough

Hey, good to hear that some of you are planning to come. As far as I know, the bookstore's been here for a long time (the site says since 1903)...

It would be cool if we could all get theoryland T-shirts to wear to identify eachother or something. Not sure how much that would cost for shipping.

Still waiting for date/time details. The store said they should have TofM in by the release date. They've ordered some way of kings which should be in within the next month.

They don't normally carry alcatraz but you can special order it.

So, you might want to call in and pre-order the books you want.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Youngling

cuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nice

I certainly hope it'll be the same week as Utopiales, I already reserved all that week off from work!

Paris is waaay more easy to come to from here (Venice, Italy!), I hope the date will be announced soon to reserve the plane/hotel etc. ... I'll try to ask Peter Ahlstrom about it in a day or two.

I just hope they will let Brandon sign books not bought in the store too (though I plan to buy at least one or two nonetheless - I still don't own Warbreaker!).
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Youngling

Exclamation date of Brandon in Paris

as published on the whsmith site:

Tuesday 16 November - 7pm

Brandon Sanderson, chosen to complete Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series based on his notes, will present and sign The Gathering Storm and The Towers of Midnight.

Dammit... way to impossible to go over there, considering I can't get off from work... Why did they ever come up with a day like this...
/end rant-mode

For those present there.. have fun and have a drink on me!!

And ka243, eventhough I won't be joining, I appreciate the effort for setting this in motion!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Youngling

Looks like lowlandr beat me to the announcement.. lol

I just got an email from the bookstore that the time and date have been posted.

As he mentionned it will be Tuesday, November 16th at 7PM, France time.

Hope to see some of you there.

-Jonathan
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

How did I miss this thread. I'd have to see if I can make it for this, but I doubt it.

Quote:
~wonders: 'now where did they put that rep-button'~
Step one: have Tam promote you to elder.
Step two: look for rep-button.

In other words, you'll have to wait for Tam to get around to another round of raisings. I'll rep him for you.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka243 View Post
Looks like lowlandr beat me to the announcement.. lol
sorry, m8.. been keeping a eye on the website. When I saw they announced the date, I posted it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
I'll rep him for you.
thnx a million

Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Youngling

Hey Lowlandr, no worries. Sorry you won't be able to come. I was actually amused that someone saw the anouncement before me since the bookstore emailed me about it when it went up.

I do know that the reason it took them some time to post the exact date and time was because it depended on Brandon's flight details, so this is probably what he could fit into his schedule.

A weekend would have been better for me also but I will definately be going.

Hopefully there will be a nice turnout to encourage brandon to come back to europe, maybe for the AMOL tour...
This is somewhat unlikely though due to the fact that TOR is paying for most of brandon's tours and Orbit is his publisher in europe. Who knows though, maybe we will get lucky. This is already good news that he is coming here now though...

Hope to see many of you there!

Perhaps someone with permission to edit the subject could post the correct date and time in the actual thread topic line since it is no longer TBC? Thanks

Off topic: awesome, i got an extra green box. Thanks. I guess that's what a "rep point" is?

Last edited by ka243; 10-19-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Youngling

cuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nice

Aaaargh, I specifically requested the week *before* that one to be off work, meaning to go to Utopiales ... I hope I'll be able to swap it with the one when the signing at WHSmith will take place
Old 10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

I'm seriously considering this but I don't know that I can work it with the times. As it stands I'd have to be on the Eurostar leaving Gare du Nord at 21:13, which might be a bit rushed.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Youngling

Mat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Mat

*grml* bloody Tuesday...

I really hope I can make it!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Youngling

iuliust is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah ! The Chosen One comes in Paris !
Youppi, l'Elu vient Paris !

Who's french here ?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Youngling

I live in france but am not of french nationality.

Cuthbert, I'm sure utopiales would be fun too but hopefully you can change your time to go to whichever signing you prefer.

Joker, Not sure how this will be organised but usually he does a quick presentation, questions & answers and then signs books.
He will often also presign some of the books stock too but yeah you might be pressed to get on a train at 21H13....
Can you stay the night at a hotel somewhere and go back the next morning?

G'luck
Old 10-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Youngling

Talking

Ok, I was able to swap the weeks off, so I think I'll be there nonetheless, I'm awaiting for a twitter callback from Peter (Ahlstrom) just to be sure and before booking the flight/hotel

EDIT: he just replied, he forgot to put it into the "events" page on Brandon's website, it's officially confirmed anyway

Last edited by cuthbert19; 10-26-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Youngling

Hey cuthbert, looking forward to meeting you! Looks like the event is still not up on brandon's events page even though its confirmed. So far the bookstore says there have been only 9 RSVPs which is nice for us fans going to see brandon as perhaps he will be able to answer more than one question from each of us and/or get a picture taken but not so nice for brandon/the book store.

I hope more people will come than that.