art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): engagementengag, qrbevacquawerne,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

I've got a facebook account. Right now I don't really do anything with it, but I have toyed with the idea of crafting a fake persona through Facebook and other websites. A sort of better me, if you understand. A me that (modestly enough) posts udates about the chartiable activities he participates in, rescues cats from trees, and is generally nice. This chap would then show up on the first page of search engines results.

And, yes, I suppose it can be tough for newbies to feel like insiders, but I've never kept up with the local gossip either.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
I'm old guard to almost 10 years and I don't know who it is.

And for the record, Keys, I think of you as a regular - I'm even coming up with a psych profile for you concerning what it means to be fdsaf3 instead of asdfa3.

EDIT: Also for the record, I have only met 3 people here face to face. Doesn't stop me from giving the rest of them shit on a near daily basis.

Wow...I've been here 10 years and I don't know what any of that means.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno View Post
I've got a facebook account. Right now I don't really do anything with it, but I have toyed with the idea of crafting a fake persona through Facebook and other websites. A sort of better me, if you understand. A me that (modestly enough) posts udates about the chartiable activities he participates in, rescues cats from trees, and is generally nice. This chap would then show up on the first page of search engines results.

And, yes, I suppose it can be tough for newbies to feel like insiders, but I've never kept up with the local gossip either.
I think it boils down to chicks gossiping....

*hides*

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I think it boils down to chicks gossiping....

*hides*
The Women's Circle, basically, but, on the other hand, most things that happen pass me by these days. For instance, there appears to be some kind of treasure hunt going on that has caused an unprecedented mass influx of new registrations, but exactly what it is I'm not sure. Seems to be causing quite a stir, though.

Last edited by Uno; 09-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

So Birgitte and Sini finally hooked up huh? We all knew it would happen eventually...
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, that was a joke obviously...but I just put 2 and 2 together. Or rather, something that was common knowledge to me and something weird SBX said a week or two ago. If they want to keep it secret, whatever, but congrats to both of you.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 PM

On the callous side, I feel, making jokes like that. Consider those board members that would be in-laws of Sinistrum.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

I can't think of anyone more deserving in the one case, or more capable of handling him in the other. But fortunately, it seems they have been spared that much.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Um, people. Definitely NOT B and Sini. Definitely not. LOL

fdsaf3, sorry I made you feel like an outsider! I felt the same way too, at one point. To make you feel more welcome, do we have a nick for you? Cause I had to c&p your name, and that's just not cool!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post

fdsaf3, sorry I made you feel like an outsider! I felt the same way too, at one point. To make you feel more welcome, do we have a nick for you? Cause I had to c&p your name, and that's just not cool!
I've suspected Sini and Gonzo had a secret relationship for years. This all but confirms it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:

I gave him one. "Keys"

fdsaasdffdsaasdfdsasdffdsaasdfdsaasdfdsaasdffdsa

Scarily disturbing in a "Shining" kinda way.

Speaking of disturbing.... TEREZ! Bring back happy-spider!

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Quote:
So Birgitte and Sini finally hooked up huh? We all knew it would happen eventually...
Heh. Nope. But thanks for playing.

Back to the moral narsicism thing, I can think of no greater illustration of it than the South Park episode involving the hybrids and the smug cloud.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam
Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Speaking of disturbing.... TEREZ! Bring back happy-spider!
I will eventually. But that is Undead Asmodean. Brandon drew him:

Cons feed narcissism. Who knew?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Holy moly! That's SUPER short for you! It looks fabulous! Do you love it? Cause I love it!!

Also, ARE you on fb?
I like it a lot, yes and no, I'm not on fb. Or rather, I once had to make a profile to see a friend's pics but after that haven't visited once. I think I even forgot the password... pretty sure I didn't use a variationof my "usual" one either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
My two cents about the relationships here on Theoryland as a relative newbie is that the whole "there have been X relationships but I won't say who or when!" smacks of there being an in-group here which is difficult to crack. My experience here has been pretty neutral so far, partly because I have taken little initiative to make personal connections with members and partly because there is a strong sense of insider/outsider. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out that with respect to the references to "old guard", new members such as myself could have a pretty different view of how this community functions.

I also just want to say before someone gets frustrated with me that I understand the nature of privacy and am not saying all information about people's romantic lives should be gossiped about here for all to see.
well... some of them you just can't help but notice if you're on the non-wot at all - there was an actual proposal on the non board a while ago... very hard to miss. Others are a bit more low-key, and some you really might not know unless you want to read through the last decade's worth of archives or happen to meet people in person.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

Quote:
Pictures, pictures!
Are we asking for pics of hair or boobs here? And if it's boobs, there better not be hair hiding them!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
LOL...if it helps, I've been here 7 years and I have no idea what they're referring to. I assume its to a couple that doesn't want to share with the greater group and that's entirely their right not to break a confidence like that. So you're no different than other long-term posters by being in the dark.

I'm gonna just assume that its Firseal and Birgitte that are now a couple...until proven otherwise.
Dav, you don't know because you don't keep up on FB. Slacker.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

I've been reading it sorta phonetically as Fud-Saf-Three, if that's any help.