art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
but I'd like to at least get that before I start a faction about it.
Apparently factions might be having issues right now...if you can get one to go through, I'll be jealous.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Apparently factions might be having issues right now...if you can get one to go through, I'll be jealous.
Oh, I was just assuming that there was going to be a hiatus on new-book factions for a while yet.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
Oh, I was just assuming that there was going to be a hiatus on new-book factions for a while yet.
Well, mine isn't new book based...and it still hasn't appeared in the "Pending" section of the "my factions" page...I'm going to email Tam later tonight and see if I can get a response...

Old 11-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

He supposedly fixed this problem a few weeks ago. When did you submit it? I had the same problem, but then he supposedly fixed it, and I resubmitted the faction (Rand Will Die), and now it's up of course.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
He supposedly fixed this problem a few weeks ago. When did you submit it? I had the same problem, but then he supposedly fixed it, and I resubmitted the faction (Rand Will Die), and now it's up of course.
Uhhh... ~goes and checks in my IM histories~
11/12/2009 So 4 days ago, at like 1 or 2 in the morning. Hmmm...I was thinking it had been longer than that.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Weird. Yeah, definitely bring it to his attention that the problem is back.

Also, I have a friend who is going to the signing tomorrow in CA, and he's going to try to clear up the Mesaana contradiction. I also gave him the list I posted above, but told him that the priority should definitely be the Mesaana confusion.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri33
It's also interesting to note that while we all thought the CK were being used to their limit during the Cleansing, that was apparently not the case:
Which no doubt freaked out quite a lot of asha'man and the remaining male Forsaken. Would've been interesting to see what they thought was going on.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Which no doubt freaked out quite a lot of asha'man and the remaining male Forsaken. Would've been interesting to see what they thought was going on.
I bet we get a CoT style repeat of that sequence of events showing just that.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future
Default Is Egwene Ta'vern or has she been aided by ta'veren effect?

I don't recall how long ago it was that RJ said there were no female ta'veren in the series, although female ta'veren are possible. IIRC, it was in response to a question of whether Egwene was ta'veren.

I'm just reading Egwene's meeting with Meidani and Meidani's reactions -- as well as the reactions of the other three Aes Sedai Egwene had lessons with earlier -- look a lot like ta'veren effect.

So, Has Egwene become ta'veren since RJ denied she was ta'veren or has the ta'veren effect of having three ta'veren abroad in the world assisted her dealings with the tower Aes Sedai.

An ancillary question: Is Egwene's Soul bound to the Horn of Valere; Is she a "Hero Incarnate."

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Elder

Tree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold
Is Egwene's Soul bound to the Horn of Valere; Is she a "Hero Incarnate."
When the Horn was sounded, only non-channellers appeared, correct? We know the Dragon is a Hero, and a channeller. How many Heroes can channel?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

We don't know that all of them were non-channelers. It seems likely that at least a few of them are.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Elder

Tree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the rough

Hmm. Many are described with their weapons, and there was the comment "Is that all there are?". I suppose there could have been a channeler hidden among them.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Brother
When the Horn was sounded, only non-channellers appeared, correct? We know the Dragon is a Hero, and a channeller. How many Heroes can channel?
Just under a hundred Heroes showed up at Falme, but only about a dozen were identified. We have no idea of who the other heroes might be or what their abilities are.

I'd be very surprised to find that Rand was the only Hero with the ability to Channel.

My question is more about the ta'veren-like improbabilities in Egwene's storyline -- especially when dealing with the BA Hunters/Sitters.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Brother
Well, since we know channeling is a matter of channeling soul + channeling genes, it's entirely possible that none of them can channel in their aspect as a Hero of the Horn.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Elder

Yuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really nice

Even if there were channelers there, I got the impression that they were all using weapons--weapons that were "enhanced" like Birgette's arrows. The OP couldn't touch them when they were charging the Seachan. It would be a little "unfair" if the channelers among the Heroes were able to hit the Seanchan unfettered.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Weird. Yeah, definitely bring it to his attention that the problem is back.
Have there been any updates on this? Tam hasn't replied to any of my emails, so I have no knowledge of what be going on

Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well, Jason did some work today (obviously), so you can always try it. If it shows up in your pending factions, then he fixed it.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Well, Jason did some work today (obviously), so you can always try it. If it shows up in your pending factions, then he fixed it.
That'd be a negatory.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Oh well. Tam is aware of the problem, but sometimes reminding him helps.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Youngling

RDDK is on a distinguished road

1) How is a Sept Chief chosen, and do they visit Rhuidean like the clan Chief's do?

2) Is it possible that any Channelers from the Age of Legends put themselves into Stasis boxes to last through the Breaking or even the War of Power?

3)How did the Aiel choose Wise Ones other than those who could channel/dream?

Tags
questions