art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Youngling

Indagator has a spectacular aura aboutIndagator has a spectacular aura about
Default A Long-Overdue Introduction

I've heard that even the most devoted Lurker can repent and seek the Light. Here's my attempt.

I've been reading WOT since just after Winter's Heart came out, in the tail end of 2000. I found TL in February or March of 2001, back in the EZboard days. I was amazed to find this community discussing these books I loved. I devoured every thread and theory I could find. After a couple weeks I signed up and posted once or twice. (Unwisely, it turned out. Foolish young men should rightly fear the wrath of Frenzy.) But though I followed the boards almost obsessively, I held back from joining in. How could I participate without reading every thread, without knowing all that had come before? And there was so much, even then. Eventually I became discouraged and found other interests, until finally my daily visits dwindled: first weeks, then months, then finally years would pass before I returned.

Thankfully, we can grow out of our neuroses as we mature, or some of them at least. I'd like to at least contribute a little to a community that has supplied me with so many ideas, irritations, and laughter. I don't promise to be a prolific poster, but I'd like to have more than a bare handful of posts by the time AMoL is published.

So: pleased to meet you. I'm Indagator.
________
volcano vaporizer

Last edited by Indagator; 01-17-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

haha! I have first post!!!!

~dumps fairy dust over Indagator~

Welcome,to TL (Officially)
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default I'm tempted to change your title :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indagator View Post
I've heard that even the most devoted Lurker can repent and seek the Light. Here's my attempt.

I've been reading WOT since just after Winter's Heart came out, in the tail end of 2000. I found TL in February or March of 2001, back in the EZboard days. I was amazed to find this community discussing these books I loved. I devoured every thread and theory I could find. After a couple weeks I signed up and posted once or twice. (Unwisely, it turned out. Foolish young men should rightly fear the wrath of Frenzy.) But though I followed the boards almost obsessively, I held back from joining in. How could I participate without reading every thread, without knowing all that had come before? And there was so much, even then. Eventually I became discouraged and found other interests, until finally my daily visits dwindled: first weeks, then months, then finally years would pass before I returned.

Thankfully, we can grow out of our neuroses as we mature, or some of them at least. I'd like to at least contribute a little to a community that has supplied me with so many ideas, irritations, and laughter. I don't promise to be a prolific poster, but I'd like to have more than a bare handful of posts by the time AMoL is published.

So: pleased to meet you. I'm Indagator.
...to "Eldest Lurker" - heh. Great to have you back again Indagator and posting. I'm sure there will be much to discuss - can't wait for the book and then the interviews and signing questions...these next four or five months should beat us all up all over again.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome (back) to TL, Indagator!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Frenzy came down on you like a wolf on the fold, eh? I'll have to mention it to her if she doesn't spot this thread herself.

Of course, things were different back in those days. Even I did some dashed silly things, at times, but there's no need to go into that now. What handle did you use, anyway? I might remember.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Welcome!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Indagator!

You may call me Naz!
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

welcome. or welcome back I guess even if that was way before my time.

Frenzy is still around btw. and you know what they say about women. they forgive. but never forget

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Youngling

Indagator has a spectacular aura aboutIndagator has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

@Tamyrlin - Hehe, I'm going to put that in my sig.

@Uno - Yeah, I was walking around with blisters for a month from the flaming Frenzy gave me. Of course, I deserved it. Sharp lessons make for good teachings, after all. As far as my handle, I'm pretty sure it was "indagator." As I said, though, I only posted a couple times, tops.
________
Vaporizer

Last edited by Indagator; 01-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Hello Indagator. Let me assure you that i've totally mellowed over the years.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Hello Indagator. Let me assure you that i've totally mellowed over the years.
Right.