art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default Guesses of GW2 professions.

My guesses are follows

Ranger (Dagger,Long and Short Bow,Rifle,Pistol,Sword,Warhorn)

Rogue/Assassin (Dagger,Short Bow,Pistol,Sword,Torch)

Mesmer (Dagger,Staff,Scepter,Focus)

Necromancer/Summoner (Dagger,Staff,Scepter,Focus)

Holy Warrior/Paladin (Axe,Sword,Hammer,Greatsword,Warhorn,Mace,Rifle,Lo ngbow)

I have no idea what the last one could be.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

well, the assassin's weapon chains, ie lead attack, off-hand attack & dual attack are kinda being co-opted by the warrior...granted, there could be some overlap, I think in the Warrior part they showed Sever Artery, Gash & Final Thrust as an attack chain, but who knows.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

If there's no monk... grrrr....

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Confirmed no dedicated healing class. Does not mean you can not make a character that can heal very well.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

If there's no Monk there better be a Mesmer.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Bryan Blaire has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann View Post
I have no idea what the last one could be.
You're being sarcastic or funny, right?

Elementalist.

Or is there another one in addition to that?

I would think you could build an assassin using a Ranger with specific weaponry, or maybe a Warrior, depending on how they set up the flexibility. Class-less MMO in the future?

There's truth in your lies, doubt in your faith, what you've built you lay to waste...

Great Bumper-sticker: Stop Repeat Offenders - Quit Re-electing your Congressmen and Senators
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Blaire View Post
You're being sarcastic or funny, right?

Elementalist.

Or is there another one in addition to that?

I would think you could build an assassin using a Ranger with specific weaponry, or maybe a Warrior, depending on how they set up the flexibility. Class-less MMO in the future?
Heh I meant ones they have yet to announce
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
If there's no Monk there better be a Mesmer.
From what I have read there will be 6 classes we are familiar with and 2 new classes. We know there will not be a monk,dervish or paragon. Most likely no Ritualist or at least merged with Necromancer. Pretty sure we will see Mesmer in some form since it was so unique of a class.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Elder

I have some additional thoughts since I last posted here on what the remaining classes could be and on the crafting skills.

I believe that Mesmer will make a comeback but it will see some changes. Such as degen(DOTS),daze,possibly some kind of illusions such as making copies of herself or others. I believe Illusionary Weapon will make it. I can see Illusionary Weapon become an elite that is a transformation skill. Such as increased armor and possible health increase. I can see using sword or daggers in this manner. However I really do not see interrupts being in the game. But with stuns and KDs and daze there wouldn't be a point really.

I see assassin being in the game but with a new name such as Rogue. Skills would be similar to sins as they are now but also ability to sense traps and other hidden things and possibly some kind of limited stealth ability.

And some kind of duel pistol wielder class, Gunner?. I think that this class would focus on pistols and rifles and possibly other types of gunpowder weapons.

And next a more support oriented class. Blue mace Lady comes to mind from the concept art. Paladin type or Cleric. Party wide buffs. I can see such a class causing plenty of various conditions and able to take advantage of those inflicted.

One thing to keep in mind is that each class must be able to hold its own and able to inflict damage. And not rely on other classes.

Now for my guesses for crafting. From what I have read,watched and heard.

Tailoring - Light armor.
Leatherworking - Medium armor.
Armorer - Heavy armor.
Weaponsmith - Making of melee weapons.
Gunsmith - Making of guns.
******** - Making of spellcaster weapons.
Bowyer - Making of bows. Possibly combined with one of the other crafting.
Chef - Making of consumables.

That is all what I have right now. Pretty sure we will see similar and also many others.

Last edited by czymann; 10-12-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, the mesmer is going to see some changes. I cannot help but remember a lot of the GW1 concept art, stuff like this, mesmers with light swords, like rapiers. I guess they were originally thinking of stuff like Illusionary Weaponry, but that never really worked out. If you could create illusionary copies of yourself and mix in skills like Distortion to help with blocking and the like you could maybe pull something like that off.

As for the assassins, well, they are mostly from Cantha, so it's understandable as to why they would be changed. I wonder if the Rogue/Assassin class will get Traps like the Rangers. I have a feeling that if there's going to be a dual-wielding class it might be the assassin/rogue class, but we'll see what happens. It might be that most classes can dual-wield pistols...or perhaps it's a Charr only thing, since they're the ones that seem to be going all Steampunk.

Also, the Ele was announced at the end of April (27th). The Warrior June 9th. The Ranger, July 14th. Necro, August 25th. Seems to be about 5 weeks between each of those classes which means we should have had another class reveal by now. ANet is slipping. I say we form up a lynch mob and let them know that we're unhappy.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 10-12-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Y
Also, the Ele was announced at the end of April (27th). The Warrior June 9th. The Ranger, July 14th. Necro, August 25th. Seems to be about 5 weeks between each of those classes which means we should have had another class reveal by now. ANet is slipping. I say we form up a lynch mob and let them know that we're unhappy.
We did get the HoM update...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
We did get the HoM update...
They can't do both?