art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): schwassfore,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Theoryland News and Stuff
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Theories Under Review

I've gone through the fifty in queue, removing a bunch of empty posts and predictions submitted as theories, there remain about twenty theories and we are in the process of reviewing about 12 or 13 right now.

NOTE TO ANCIENTS AND HEROES - Please visit T'A'R and help with the theory reviewing going on there - thanks!

I hope to post the first of these this weekend, and will be posting a new every day or every other day up to the release in preparation for new theories.

Then, I will worry about transitioning the rest of the site over to the new look and feel.

Then I will work on the light background, dark text skinning of the board.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 10-15-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Youngling

Scaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I posted a theory a couple of days ago (Sunday maybe) under the category "How it will end". I know that they are reviewed but I would like to know how long that can take approximately.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaw View Post
Hi,

I posted a theory a couple of days ago (Sunday maybe) under the category "How it will end". I know that they are reviewed but I would like to know how long that can take approximately.
From a few days to a year, depending a bit on how much time Tam happens to have available for it.
Bugging him about it may help, or it may not. I don't think anyone ever gathered reliable data on that question.

You could try submitting the exact same theory under another name too, and then bug him with one of those accounts, but not the other. If one of them then gets posted a lot earlier than the other, that'll give us at least one good data point. Caveat: it is possible that Tam would see through this clever scheme. Sometimes he may be just a tad more observant than one would want in a glorious leader.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Youngling

ALL theories are reviewed by Tamyrilin only?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, no, but he has to do the first bits in the process. There is of course a possibility of back logs appearing later on, but since I might be involved in those, I won't comment on it. As I'm sure you understand.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
By Frenzy too. (maybe other as well... not sure)

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Mostly just Tamyrlin these days, though sometimes he posts in Tel'aran'rhiod for the old folks to comment on (which is usually just me and maybe one or two other people).

Not all theories get posted. We are pretty picky about some things. If the theory is well-written and well-supported, though, he'll probably post it eventually. Usually when I write a theory it bypasses the queue because generally the queue is full of a bunch of theories that are either a) not written in a way that meets our standards or b) disproven. But I know he will post at least one theory from the queue before he posts my next one; this is Theoryland, not Terezland.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
...; this is Theoryland, not Terezland.
In theory, at least.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Theory posting

Scaw,

It's good to see you stick around and ask about it. You'd be surprised how many theories...turn out to be theories about things we already have answers for or do not meet minimum requirements for posting. I'll go take a look at yours and once the most recent theory on Fain has been up for a week, I'll consider posting yours. Stick around - I may have a few requests on content before I'll post it.

As far as theory related reviews, I do review most of them. I've taken a renewed interest in getting a new theory up once every one to two weeks and I plan to keep that up for the foreseeable future.

Let me know if you have any questions - you can write me at tamyrlinATtheoryland.com

I'm around all of the time.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Scaw - Reviewed

I took a look through your theory - looks good. I plan to post it late next week or early the following, once I can get the second part of Terez's theory up, which I hope to be tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Youngling

great, thanks!

The thing I was worried about was either a) smb. had already wrote a very similar piece (I am frankly unable to skim 1490 theories) or b) you guys taking so long to review it that the next book would be out by then and my theory would either be disproved or pointless

I am guessing it possible to change one or two details about my theory? Should I just resubmit it then or would another way be better for you?

BTW: do you do the format editing or are there ways for me to edit it before i submit it?
Because although I see theories with italics, different styles, and so on, I did not understand how I could include things like that.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

It says no HTML tags, but you can use the simple ones - p, i, b, u, a, br, and blockquote are usually the only ones I mess with. I had to ask Tam for his custom codes to do the section headings in the Fain theory.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Formatting and updating

You can email me the updated version of the theory at any time (tamyrlinATtheoryland.com).

As for formatting, I tend to do the formatting unless the individual knows html well enough to do it on their own. If you know html, you can view the source on the home page to get an idea of how I format new theories. Generally, you can use deprecated tags such as <b></b> and <i></i>. Also, every paragraph should be surrounded with <p></p> and every quote should be <blockquote><p></p><p></p></blockquote>. If you are not familiar with html, I will format it.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Youngling

The mail has been sent.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:41 AM
Youngling

TheMindsEye is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted my first theory just a short while ago, and I noticed only after it didn't include my paragraphs. It looked so jumbled I wondered how you'd even really be able to view it.

Should I send you how it looks in word format? So you could actually read it, lol. I hate to think you have to try an read it like that.

*edit*I guess I'll just email you, just in case it helps.

Last edited by TheMindsEye; 11-02-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Lord of the Board

Default About Theories

Hey TheMindsEye,

I need to change that thank you submission page, it kind of freaks people out. In the end, I edit the HTML when I decide to post them, to give each theory a common look and feel.

If you use the valid html tags I list on the theory submission page, that is nice. Otherwise, don't be too concerned about the formatting.

I will work on edited that submission thanks page to make that more clear.

Thanks!
Matt