art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Default A list of spelling errors in ToM

Does anyone have any others? (This is the US edition page numbers)

Use a Pebble, Page 217 - Her food sank through the shattered paving stone and hit packed earth. / should read foot sank?

Partings, and a Meeting, Page 244 - He was tempted to peek under the oiled tarp that stretched over the back of. / odd expression. was this intended?

Partings, and a Meeting, Page 246 - Did they have to throw around such words that like they were wooden pennies? / odd expression. was this intended?

Partings, and a Meeting, Page 256 - Egwene Sedai has spoken of letting the Kin continue, but if we do, would be we be able to work the One Power openly? / would we be able?

The Strength of this Place, Page 269 - Aes Sedai had Healed him as best he could, and he walked on a peg.

The End of a Ledgend, Page 349 - It felt like not knowing if you had the right antidote until after the snake's teeth were already clamped down on your arm. / snakes usually have fangs if they are poisonous

Into the Void, Page 492 - Fortunately, though, the thing hadn't seemed to consider woman who could channel to be a threat. / women

Into the Void, Page 493 - It was still better than what Mat had been able to with; / come up with

A Storm of Light, Page 495 - They mistook him. All he cared about now was doing as much damage to them as possible. So, he used their assumptions against him. / against them

A Storm of Light, Page 501 - He raised it, and as he'd guessed, the building was on enough of a rise to look out over the city wall and onto the killing field outside and the beyond. / and beyond

A Good Soup, Page 515 - The bellfounders in Caemlyn had been working for straight through the nights, from what he'd heard.

Judgement, Page 528 - None of the would probably look at their weapons again the same way, but the wounded had been Healed and the channelers were rested. / None of them

A Backhanded Request, Page 663 - Anyway, Caemlyn is already is buzzing with news of your arrival.

A Reunion, Page 667 - True. But you must to find a way to take the Sun Throne without letting it look as if Andor...

Gateways, Page 783 - This place doesn't makes sense.

Gateways, Page 783 - Thom got out a torch of his own and both lit from Noal's lantern. / This one is definately moot I suppose. "Both" may need qualification at this point.

Gateways, Page 787 - The figure was willowy and tall, the shoulders disproportionately wide for the waist, and it wore pale leather straps crossed the chest. / "that crossed the chest" or "across the chest"

Something Wrong, Page 819 - Packs of black-coated man stood, with arms folded, watching him.

A Rabbit for Supper, Page 822 - Mat been traveling with a legend all this time?

A Rabbit for Supper, Page 823 - She been to high-and-mighty for that, had she not?

A Rabbit for Supper, Page 824 - Yes, she was still Moiraine. Quick with a moral and advice.

A Rabbit for Supper, Page 827 - Thom, didn't you once tell me once that the two most painful places for you to be were...

And After, Page 839 - The other Borderlands would couldn't have fallen, could they?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...I maybe noticed 1 or 2 of those when reading.

Did you read it for enjoyment or as a proofer?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Default Enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Wow...I maybe noticed 1 or 2 of those when reading.

Did you read it for enjoyment or as a proofer?
I watch the book like a movie when I read it. I read at the same speed I speak. Purely for enjoyment. I savor each word.

Its a little distracting when there are errors. I always keep a pen handy to strike them down.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Good finds.

I didn't mark any down while I was reading the last time through. I should do another re-read for my theory developments.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Assistant to Mr. Sanderson

Peter Ahlstrom is just really nicePeter Ahlstrom is just really nicePeter Ahlstrom is just really nicePeter Ahlstrom is just really nice

This is helpful. Some authors don't appreciate it, but Brandon does, and it will make Maria's job easier for reprints and the paperback. (And maybe the ebook can have some of these fixed when it comes out, but I'm not sure about production lead time on that.)
Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Youngling

sulamein has a spectacular aura aboutsulamein has a spectacular aura aboutsulamein has a spectacular aura about
Default Thank you

Peter is right; this is very helpful. And I will be able to get them fixed for the ebook.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargsBrood View Post
I watch the book like a movie when I read it. I read at the same speed I speak. Purely for enjoyment. I savor each word.

Its a little distracting when there are errors. I always keep a pen handy to strike them down.
Oh, that makes sense. I tend to end up skimming if I dont watch myself. I read way way faster than I speak ...probably why audio books drive me nuts. I dont notice a lot of mistakes on an initial read. Its the 2nd and 3rd readings that I pick things up like that as I'm typically flipping back and forth, dogearring pages and what not.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulamein View Post
Peter is right; this is very helpful. And I will be able to get them fixed for the ebook.
Maria?

Welcome to Theoryland!

Last edited by Davian93; 11-03-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Maria?
Welcome to Theoryland!
She likes the loony theories.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
She likes the loony theories.
Just some crazy in a pot...just some crazy in a pot.

Last edited by Davian93; 11-03-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure I noticed "h ave" where it should have said "have" somewhere. Can't remember where, though...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Youngling

sulamein has a spectacular aura aboutsulamein has a spectacular aura aboutsulamein has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks for the welcome

Yes, it's Maria. As Tam says, I love the loony theories.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

I haven't quite made it through the book, but I HAVE noticed a number of spelling errors. I'm almost positive I noticed some towards the beginning of the book, too. I can't remember, though.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulamein View Post
Yes, it's Maria. As Tam says, I love the loony theories.
welcome to TL! Like my sig?

as for typos

pg 247 "forced act" s/b "forced to act"

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Elder

Ieyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to behold

page 445

Deep = Deepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToM Ch Oddities pg 445
"You have your orders, son. You follow them. Understand?"
Deep snapped his jaw shut, then nodded curtly

Last edited by Ieyasu; 11-03-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: stupid quote brackets...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Youngling

jeffny01 is an unknown quantity at this point

page 104, middle of the page: "A bronze stand-lamp burned in the corner, and a circular rug nearly filled nearly the entire floor."
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Most of the ones I noted are on here. Obviously I stopped at a certain point:

80 - posture that young men adapted (adopted)
104 - 'nearly filled nearly'
125 - "But it what I'm doing"
180 - 'You're taking about Hark'
194 - Rhuarc says Waste
217 - Her food sank through the.... (foot)
244 - stretched over the back of, but there...
247 - forced act like his lover
256 - would be we be able to work
268 - Ituralde turned looked
269 - Aes Sedai had Healed him as best he could
Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
I'm sure I noticed "h ave" where it should have said "have" somewhere. Can't remember where, though...
It's in Darlin's letter to Egwene.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

285 - "What?" Mat said. They passed an intersection of halls where servants grouped, watching him and the other pass and whispering among themselves.

I would read it as "watching him and the others pass,and whispering among themselves.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Youngling

Lironah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargsBrood View Post

I wish I'd known about this thread when I started reading. I spotted a lot of those but I couldn't say for sure which ones. It'd be fun to keep score.