art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Youngling

Paaran Disen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moridin and Rand

Well, I was just rereading TGS in anticipation of TOM, and I cam across something that I had to post. It could eventually be made into a full theory, but I do not know where to begin. I believe that Rand and Moridin have some sort of physical connection. In TGS prologue, pg 34-41, Graendal, Messana, Demandred, and Moridin have a meeting. During the meeting, Graendal noticed a similarity between Moridin and Rand. "Strangely, he looked a great deal like al'Thor-of whom she had numerous sketches via her spies-when he stood like that." (TGS 41) Also, Graendal notices something else when Moridin was talking of how al'Thor was not to be harmed. "Moridin looked down, flexing his left had, as if it were stiff. Graendal caught a hint of pain in his expression." (TGS 39) This is right after Rand just lost his left hand. With the pain Moridin is feeling, and his vehemence at Rand not being harm, this suggests a physical link between the two of them. Also, this could explain Rand's ability to channel the TP and his inability at channeling the OP without feeling sick. If the two of them are connected, and one of them is not drawing, it would make the one who was feel sick as it was an inconsistency between the two. Some more research needs to be done and I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it brings up interesting prospects.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Elder

gholam is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paaran Disen View Post
Well, I was just rereading TGS in anticipation of TOM, and I cam across something that I had to post. It could eventually be made into a full theory, but I do not know where to begin. I believe that Rand and Moridin have some sort of physical connection. In TGS prologue, pg 34-41, Graendal, Messana, Demandred, and Moridin have a meeting. During the meeting, Graendal noticed a similarity between Moridin and Rand. "Strangely, he looked a great deal like al'Thor-of whom she had numerous sketches via her spies-when he stood like that." (TGS 41) Also, Graendal notices something else when Moridin was talking of how al'Thor was not to be harmed. "Moridin looked down, flexing his left had, as if it were stiff. Graendal caught a hint of pain in his expression." (TGS 39) This is right after Rand just lost his left hand. With the pain Moridin is feeling, and his vehemence at Rand not being harm, this suggests a physical link between the two of them. Also, this could explain Rand's ability to channel the TP and his inability at channeling the OP without feeling sick. If the two of them are connected, and one of them is not drawing, it would make the one who was feel sick as it was an inconsistency between the two. Some more research needs to be done and I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it brings up interesting prospects.
Yes of course the same idea occured to me. But you know there are so many theories elaborating Rand - moridin connection (second only to "who killed asmodean" in number).

Yes the scene does definitely point to a link between Rand and moridin. The question is how does it pan out in the end? which foretelling/dream does it answer? That seems to be the issue. Any ideas on that?
Old 11-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Youngling

creedants is an unknown quantity at this point

Well in this context, and assuming that LTT was really just part of his psychosis and not an actual separate entity, the phrase "The two shall become one" takes on a whole new meaning I think.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholam View Post
Yes of course the same idea occured to me. But you know there are so many theories elaborating Rand - moridin connection (second only to "who killed asmodean" in number).

Yes the scene does definitely point to a link between Rand and moridin. The question is how does it pan out in the end? which foretelling/dream does it answer? That seems to be the issue. Any ideas on that?
Hey, sorry, I didnt check on the amount of theorys in advance, just when i saw it i wanted to post it to anyone who might be interested.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, the mere fact that we've discussed this a bunch of times before doesn't mean that a new approach won't be useful. Once in a while, a new approach actually is useful in such cases.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paaran Disen View Post
Hey, sorry, I didnt check on the amount of theorys in advance, just when i saw it i wanted to post it to anyone who might be interested.
I didn't mean to say that you cannot come up with the same theory. The mere fact that there are a million theories means that there is a lot of duplication.

I just wanted to know if you could reason out which one of the foretellings/dreams does it match. I am undecided.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Youngling

Its ok, I dont know what foretelling would correspond to this either, hopefully we will see answers in TofM
Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Elder

Spasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really nice

It was also apparent when Rand and Moridin had their fireside chat and Moridin says something like he can't predict the consequences if one of them were to kill the other right there and then.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmodean View Post
It was also apparent when Rand and Moridin had their fireside chat and Moridin says something like he can't predict the consequences if one of them were to kill the other right there and then.
What book was this in? I haven't read the last books in the series in years.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Elder

It's in 'The gathering Storm'
Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholam View Post
It's in 'The gathering Storm'
tgs Ch15:

Quote:
"It is not time for us to fight," Moridin said, waving a hand at Rand. "Go. Leave me in peace. I do not know what would happen to us if we killed one another. The Great Lord will have you soon enough. His victory is assured."

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.

Tags
connections, moridin, rand, rand/moridin