art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Did Verin know the weave necessary to hide her ability to channel from being detected by another female channeler?
MAFO

There were no book related questions asked during the Q&A. I tried to listen to some questions as people passed by in line, didn't catch anything worth noting.

I Did have my TL shirt on, someone said something about it being a dead website!!! Don't worry, I set him straight.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Elder

Bayle is a jewel in the roughBayle is a jewel in the roughBayle is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Bayle

I saw you Leanne!! but you left before I could introduce myself I met Infamous One though, and I got the "dead masema" signature in my book.

Not an enlightening signing theory-wise, but was still very cool to finally get to see/meet Harriet.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

WEll, that sucks! MY son was restless and ready to get to the hotel.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Elder

Bayle is a jewel in the roughBayle is a jewel in the roughBayle is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Bayle

Understandable It was nice to see a few more HCFF's in the crowd though, that was good enough!

And of course now I am thinking of questions I should have asked... I always choke at these things!!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Youngling

InfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to InfamousOne

I had an awesome report thread... and I timed out. I'll repost later. Gr!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Looking forward to it! Always copy to clipboard before previewing/posting!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Youngling

InfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura about
Default REPORT

So here is the report from the Baileyís Crossroads signing. As Leanne and Bayle have mentioned, there were not a lot of question being asked in line (I was front row)Ö which was disappointing to me. Iíll run through the notes I took and then the questions.
They opened with Harriet reading the Lan chunk of the prologue. With her pronunciation, alíLan sounded like Allan. No pause for the apostrophe.
Moving into the Q&A, there were a lot of general questions about the series and other things.
They are focusing on finishing WoT first before considering the other outrigger/prequel novels.
Harriet was asked to pronounce the Forsaken names. I had my BWB with me, which she borrowed so she didnít forget anyone. She also joked as she said Moghedienís name that Jim had said all of the Forsaken women were different sides of her, and that Moghedien was probably from when she had to remind Jim that he hadnít taken out the garbage. Even NYT best-selling authors need to do housework apparently.
AMoL may be ready in time for D*con, but Brandon isnít going to promise anything. He has to reread the series (again) before getting to work on it.
Someone asked about why audiobooks are so expensive, and Brandon made it clear that it was an issue of production costsÖ which makes sense.
Harriet is not a fan of eBooks, which is why itís taken so long for the books to be converted over to that format.

Now onto the questions. I was able to ask two of Brandon, and his answers are below.

Rand destroyed Aginor Ė Brandon is 90% sure of this fact.
Taim may not be a standard 3rd Ager. Brandon wouldnít say any further because he has about 5 chapters revolving around the BT to write for the beginning of the next book and he didnít want to spoil, so it was half a RAFO.

Someone else (two different people, actually) asked about Nakomi. Brandon RAFOíd, but then said that there were some very interesting theories out there, and that some hard core fan freaks may have had some that were more accurate than others heíd seen. I donít know if heís referring to TL specifically or just the OCD fan community in general.

The Tower Guard did a great job, and had trivia questions for the signing line. Who, when asked about Matís lovers who have died (and the cause of their deaths) remembers Melhindra (spelling is off, I think) but forgets Tylin? This TLer does... I felt like such an idiot. But the person behind me didnít get jiíeítoh, so it evens out. I have a picture with myself and Brandon after the signingÖ Iíll post it once I get it out of my email and onto my computer!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Youngling

Just a tag on. Someone asked about Rand's new/old sword... the one he's carrying now. Brandon said it had definitely been seen before, and not in a tapestry. Brandon als DEFINITIVELY stated that we saw it in The Great Hunt. I have a very good feeling that the sword being Justice (which we saw in Artur Hawkwing's hands at Falme) is the right "looney theory" for this one.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he already confirmed Justice last year. But the other ones - good answers!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Any more details on those questions?

Quote:
Taim may not be a standard 3rd Ager. Brandon wouldn’t say any further because he has about 5 chapters revolving around the BT to write for the beginning of the next book and he didn’t want to spoil, so it was half a RAFO.
Specific questions?

Quote:
Someone else (two different people, actually) asked about Nakomi. Brandon RAFO’d, but then said that there were some very interesting theories out there, and that some hard core fan freaks may have had some that were more accurate than others he’d seen. I don’t know if he’s referring to TL specifically or just the OCD fan community in general.
Lol. Interesting answer Brandon. I think HCFF is another name for TL at this point (as Brandon now owns two of the shirts.)

Thanks IO
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Specific questions?
I just asked if Taim was a "standard" 3rd Ager. He pondered it for a minute or so before explaining that he had a few more chapters to write about what was happening at the BT, so he didn't want to give too much away.

Quote:
Lol. Interesting answer Brandon. I think HCFF is another name for TL at this point (as Brandon now owns two of the shirts.)

Thanks IO

I will have to find the theories about Nakomi when I get a chance.

And Terez, I will take your word for the Justice confirmation. I have not yet had a chance to dig through the compilation thread of quotes, I've just read it briefly. Perhaps once I get home tonight I'll be able to take a look.

Y'all are most welcome. I love WoT.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

That answer on Nakomi leads me to think the Verin answer might be the right one.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Me too.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousOne View Post
I just asked if Taim was a "standard" 3rd Ager. He pondered it for a minute or so before explaining that he had a few more chapters to write about what was happening at the BT, so he didn't want to give too much away.

I will have to find the theories about Nakomi when I get a chance.

And Terez, I will take your word for the Justice confirmation. I have not yet had a chance to dig through the compilation thread of quotes, I've just read it briefly. Perhaps once I get home tonight I'll be able to take a look.

Y'all are most welcome. I love WoT.
I just started my re-read of EOTW and found this in the epigram of the Prologue (very sneaky):

Eye of the World Prologue - Dragonmount
And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, that the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed down the hearts of men, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
I just started my re-read of EOTW and found this in the epigram of the Prologue (very sneaky):

Eye of the World Prologue - Dragonmount
And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, that the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed down the hearts of men, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
That line is why most of us automatically made the "Its Justice!!!" assumption before Brandon confirmed it after the tGS prologue release.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot