art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default New York, NY - Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Lincoln Triangle - November 8th @ 7pm

Monday, November 8th - 7:30 PM
Barnes & Noble Booksellers Lincoln Triangle
1972 Broadway
New York, NY 10023
*With special guests Harriet McDougal, Maria Simons and Alan Romanczuk ("Team Jordan")

Last edited by Nae'blis; 09-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I will go to this one.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Youngling

pminze is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I will be at the NYC book signing

Nov 2nd can not come soon enough.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future

Brandon posted on FB that he is also going to NYC Comic Con on October 8th.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...54129491274464

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Youngling

askthepaperclip is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

I'm a Tower Guard for this one. As this is the final stop on the tour, let me know if you have any burning, as-yet-unanswered questions you would like me to ask Brandon or Harriet! I think we will have some private time with them, so I should be able to get ToM questions answered (unlike the general Q&A). Ideas?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

1. Can you verify that Lanfear=Cyndane? Most of us think TOM left no room for doubt, but there is that one guy...

2. Who was the old man that Rahvin saw at Natrin's Barrow through Graendal's gateway in TFOH?

3. Was Graendal's observation of Moridin's True Power weaves something that was researched via the notes, or could it possibly be an error? RJ has indicated in interview before that only the Dark One would know if someone was using it, but in another interview, he added 'not by any method we've seen yet'.

4. Did Verin's letter to Rand via Tiana include a tip about Weiramon and/or Anaiyella?

5. Is there any significance to the fact that all three ta'veren have seen Moiraine in her skin? Mat has has the pleasure twice now.

6. Was Min's viewing of Cadsuane finally fulfilled in this book in reference to Rand? (Assuming all the Asha'man must still learn that they are not weapons.)

7. Was Egwene's dream of Gawyn and the door closing fulfilled?

8. Do the Bloodrings have an important part to play in AMOL?

9. Will we see any more letters from Verin?

10. What broke Moiraine's bond with Lan?

Off the top of my head.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Youngling

RDDK is on a distinguished road

I think the letter to Rand was about Alsalam, the King of Arad Doman.

Last edited by RDDK; 11-08-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

You mean Arad Doman? And yes...but it need not have only been about one thing.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely not a real question, but I'd still like to hear Brandon's reaction/answer to the question: "what was it like to walk into The Dusty Wheel?" especially if it came from someone wearing a Theoryland t-shirt. Related question: "if he had to choose a place to stay in Caemlyn would it be the Seven-Stripped Lass, the Dusty Wheel or the Happy Throng?"
Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Youngling

RDDK is on a distinguished road

Anyone want to ask if, since RJ said that the Ashendarei was made in the Age of Legends, and other sources say that power-wrought weapons were made during the War of Power, if any power-wrought weapon will cut a hole from Finn world to Randland. And, if not, what is special about it?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Youngling

joe heron is an unknown quantity at this point

NY signing.

so i asked a question which may be an oldie during the signing (meaning it wasnt recorded).

so my Q was: what happens to the souls of darkfriends who did good for the Light sides?

my A from brandon was: RAFO, (not satisfied i press harder, saying this will be revealed in further reading[skeptical]) and he said there were a lot of things Jim (RJ) wanted fans to keep guessing and wouldnt answer. and this was one of those things about the cosmology that he wanted.

then i asked Marie (yes i was sneaky): and her A made her sound kind of unsure how to answer it. but then she finally said "well He is called the Lord of the Grave, so ..."

so seems like ingtar and verin really paid a huge price to help the Light-siders. again, not sure if this was asked but i thought it interesting....and who knows, they may change it since its not finished yet.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Thanks Joe!

I believe the GL would take a soul and never transmigrate it, leaving it in an eternal state of limbo that from as it's described by one of the 'gars, is pretty terrible. I can imagine the GL grabbing Verin's soul and doing such a thing...she single handedly may have prevented his win for this Third Age of this Turning.

Yes - I think Verin is that awesome.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Signing report:

Got there 2 hours early, met up with some of the Storm Leaders from last year and talked about TofM briefly which was nice, got my bracelet to be allowed in. The venue was smaller than the one from last year so a lot of people had to wait outside the seating area which was not too nice, since they could not hear the reading and Q&A through the glass walls surrounding the small auditorium. I heard lots of complaints, and may send one to Barnes and Noble and see if they can avoid this kind of situation for The A Memory of Light Tour.

Recording was prohibited except for the Tower Guards, so I took notes, and I think I got all the questions.

Harriet read Lan's scene in the Prologue, which was nice, one of the buildups to my favorite scene in the book.

Then the Q&A:

Q: Was Verin in TofM?
A: I know what you're looking for, is Nakomi really Verin, and that's going to be a RAFO.

Q: Does Rand still recite his list of lost ladies?
A: RAFO. Rand's thoughts for the bulk of this book were not shown deliberately.

Q: Have we seen red veils before?
A: RAFO.

Q: (a takeoff on Leigh's review) I've seen this somewhere before : gollum gollum gollum
A: Fain will not end up like Gollum. Though Harriet said he is even crazier than how he was shown in prologue.
EDIT to clarify and correct: Brandon rewrote his original submission of Fain's scene based on Harriet's comments that he wasn't portrayed as crazy enough.

Q: Will everyone win at Snakes and Foxes now?
A: Nothing has changed about the game now.

Q: Where is Bela now?
A: Brandon: in the White Tower Stable. Harriet: Communing with the Dark One!

Some other people of note were in attendance besides Team Jordan, including Emily, Charlain Harris (who wrote some vampire novels I hear) Peter V. Brett (who was at the NY Comic Con, and wrote The Warded Man), Leigh Butler (our fellow famous Storm Leader), Tom Doherty (who was kind enough to sign my TofM) and the whole team from Tor as well.

Since the room was so small as to be overflowing, the B&N people shooed everyone out after they got their books signed, so I had no chance to eavesdrop on other people's questions for Brandon and Team Jordan, though I did stick around for the raffle and some trivia questions (got a few right but somehow forgot how many sisters Mat has though I did remember their names). However, Tower Guardsman Tom said his fiance Erin is taking down the q's and a's and will post a report in the next day or so. Woot! (He was also curious about Matt's reaction to the killer of Asmodean :P)

I was able to ask 2 questions as my books were signed.

Q: paraphrased since it is a long question (though I did read it right from my I-phone as it was worded) Are the ghost sightings and strange window seen in TAR (flame and fang) due to the mirror worlds merging?
A: Brandon: They are both due to the pattern unravelling.

Q: Regarding timeline in TofM, what can you say about how each person's plot arc lined up?
A: Maria and Allan: There was a gap for some of the main story lines for about 1.5-2 weeks of only offscreen activity before the big meetup at Merrilor. Lan's trip from World's End to Tarwin's Gap took 100 days, and it lined him up with the other plotlines at that point. The whole gang can jump right into Tarmon Gai'don!

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 11-11-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Youngling

lord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nice

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

I was at this one too, asked Brandon as he signed my book who the old man in Natrin's Barrow in FoH was; he said he knew but wanted to check and that I should email him about it, so I'll do that tomorrow and hopefully he'll fill us all in once he gets back from France.

PS. The standard for trivia was pretty iffy; I appeared to be the only person in my part of the room who remembered what the BA cat lady's name was...
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord Mordeth View Post
I appeared to be the only person in my part of the room who remembered what the BA cat lady's name was...
Gemalphin?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post

Some other people of note were in attendance besides Team Jordan, including Emily, Charlain Harris (who wrote some vampire novels I hear) Peter V. Brett (who was at the NY Comic Con, and wrote The Warded Man), Leigh Butler (our fellow famous Storm Leader), Tom Doherty (who was kind enough to sign my TofM) and the whole team from Tor as well.
Is Charlaine Harris also a fan of Wot?????????
I know Peter V Brett has read wot.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Is Charlaine Harris also a fan of Wot?????????
I know Peter V Brett has read wot.
Yes, she is!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
Yes, she is!
Than she should advertise more for wot!! Her books sell millions? as well, so she should say how awesome wot is.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Youngling

lord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nice

Yeah, I was surprised she made the trip out, but it was cool to see her there!

I talked to Peter Brett a little at last year's signing; apparently his first book actually released in the UK first because they wanted to test the waters, and it has a different title over there.

Oh, and he was in the Asmo apathy camp
Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Lord Mordeth: are you the Lord Mordeth whom I met in London and NY?