art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Youngling

SixPips will become famous soon enoughSixPips will become famous soon enough
Default Perrin Vs Graendal AMOL

My last fanfic got a lot of good reviews, and no bad ones shockingly so I figured I would do another one. People said they wanted either Mat's or Perrin's POV so I did one of Perrin somewhere in the middle of the next book. I hope you read and enjoy it, please comment and let me know what you think!

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/...472#post131472

BTW: let me know if you guys want a Mat/Lan POV since I have some pretty cool ideas for either of those as well

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"...wow...thats an interesting thought..."

-Conversation between Ben Stein and Evolution scientist Richard Dawkins
Old 11-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Youngling

Green Man 22 is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting

So, in your piece did Perrin somehow enter T'A'R to fight her? If not, how did he control balefire in the waking world?

I liked him killing Graendal personally, but I kind of think she deserves to die more spectacularly, maybe having her head exploded by his hammer or something.

Anyway, it is cool idea for their confrontation.

I like Gaul as a character, but I really do think he will die in the last book.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Man 22 View Post
So, in your piece did Perrin somehow enter T'A'R to fight her? If not, how did he control balefire in the waking world?

I liked him killing Graendal personally, but I kind of think she deserves to die more spectacularly, maybe having her head exploded by his hammer or something.

Anyway, it is cool idea for their confrontation.

I like Gaul as a character, but I really do think he will die in the last book.
I was playing on the Aiel and Amayar beliefs that this world is only a dream with Perrin and the balefire. I felt it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for the connection. If this world is just a dream, albeit perhaps a dream from the mind of the Creator himself, why couldn't a true master of himself (which Perrin certainly is after 13 books of soul searching) force this dream to his will? It probably won't happen in the real books by any means, but I thought it was a fun way to kill her

Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Youngling

Green Man 22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPips View Post
I was playing on the Aiel and Amayar beliefs that this world is only a dream with Perrin and the balefire. I felt it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for the connection. If this world is just a dream, albeit perhaps a dream from the mind of the Creator himself, why couldn't a true master of himself (which Perrin certainly is after 13 books of soul searching) force this dream to his will? It probably won't happen in the real books by any means, but I thought it was a fun way to kill her
Cool idea using the Aiel and Amayar, but I can't see RJ using that. I think we very well could see two separate battles (both part of the Last Battle), with Mat leading the waking world armies and Egwene leading the dreamwalkers. With his growing skill, Perrin will probably be able to flash back and forth between the waking world and T'A'R, destroying the enemy in both places.

Maybe your type of confrontation could happen, and then Perrin could force Graendal into T'A'R (the way the Wise Ones frowned upon) and then defeat her weaves.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Hi Sixpips,

Do you rate all your own threads five-star straight away or is it someone else?

-Ted Danson
Old 11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
Hi Sixpips,

Do you rate all your own threads five-star straight away or is it someone else?
I do, it keeps the post on page 1 longer = ) noone else ever rates anything that I have seen so I figured it doesn't hurt

Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
I do, it keeps the post on page 1 longer = ) noone else ever rates anything that I have seen so I figured it doesn't hurt
So are you the one rating all those one-star threads as well?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

It was good.

I was confused at first about Perrin surviving balefire, but after reading through the posts, I can understand better.

I actually thought it was a really cool concept.

Mat and Lan would be awesome.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Youngling

natasharma is an unknown quantity at this point

Loved it...

Not sure if the use of the word Valkyrie is appropriate in WoT though.

Mat and Lan should be fun to read too...
Old 11-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
So are you the one rating all those one-star threads as well?
Nah, I only rate my own stuff to let it stay visible a little longer. If I like a thread, I post on it, if not I just hit the back button.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, I only rate my own stuff to let it stay visible a little longer. If I like a thread, I post on it, if not I just hit the back button.
Posts 6 and 10 are incompatible. Redo from start.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Posts 6 and 10 are incompatible. Redo from start.
not sure I'm following you here. I rate only my own posts, and only for the purpose of keeping them "visible" longer. I do not rate anyone elses posts, as I mentioned if I like a thread I post on it, otherwise I just go to a new thread (ergo the back button).

Old 11-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
not sure I'm following you here. I rate only my own posts, and only for the purpose of keeping them "visible" longer. I do not rate anyone elses posts, as I mentioned if I like a thread I post on it, otherwise I just go to a new thread (ergo the back button).
Post 6 establishes your belief that nobody else ever rates anything. Post 10 establishes that you know other posts are rated and that you didn't do it. Both of these can't be true.

Don't worry, I'm just messing with you.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Or are you?

-Ted Danson
Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
Or are you?
Actually no, but for some reason I felt a little mean after my point got missed and decided to backtrack.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Post 6 establishes your belief that nobody else ever rates anything. Post 10 establishes that you know other posts are rated and that you didn't do it. Both of these can't be true.

lol, I understand. I didn't realize there were any 1 star threads until you mentioned them in your post that came after #6 though. As such both #6 and #10 were true due to a linear timeline = ) This isn't the Wheel, just the place we talk about the Wheel

Old 11-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Elder

Quote:
lol, I understand. I didn't realize there were any 1 star threads until you mentioned them in your post that came after #6 though. As such both #6 and #10 were true due to a linear timeline = ) This isn't the Wheel, just the place we talk about the Wheel
Sounds like Ezekiel's Wheel.

-Ted Danson

Tags
awesome, balefire, graendal, perrin, tarmon gai'don