art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): abackpackthe,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno View Post
You know, I rather think we have a few of those, judging by recent debates.
Okay, amendment: so long as it doesn't become a Movement.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the Way of the Goat involves "not moving from your position", so it could hardly become a movement, now could it?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon View Post
It occurs to me that Sodas has rediscovered the Way of the Goat these days.
Somehow I'm willing to bet that Uno's arguments were more articulate.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Martyn Did View Post
I should introduce myself. I was once called Deornoth, although some (Dragon Thief) always called me Aram. I left about 10 years ago, shortly after my first child was born.

I love what Tamyrlin has done with the place.

I've been lurking for a few months, trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

I guess I'll see you all around.
Are you a Tad Williams fan by any chance?

I'm not sure about this but I must have joined or lurked on theoryland longer than I thought because I remember the way of the goat debates and the flame wars that went with them but I could have sworn i only started coming here in 2001 or so.

My God, they didn't go on for 2 YEARS did they?

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

You probably just remember reading people talking about; we Theorylanders have a tendency to pretend like things that happened back in the day were important and talk about them a lot.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

And the Wheel spins out another Hero, reborn in a new Age.

Heya Martyn! I too remember seeing your name in the past...although I got to the forums later then most in the early days, so you probably have no idea who I am. It's good to see you back on the boards though!

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 12-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Hi Deornoth. Missed you. Welcome back, and glad you're doing well.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Welcome back! I'm gonna go with WMD, if you don't mind. It seems the most fun (well, other than Aram because you dislike that one, but I feel like it's rude to antagonize people before you've actually had a conversation with them).

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post

I'm not sure about this but I must have joined or lurked on theoryland longer than I thought because I remember the way of the goat debates and the flame wars that went with them but I could have sworn i only started coming here in 2001 or so.

The Way of the Goat thing was a humorous back-and-forth on the messageboards for about two weeks, I'd say. That's all there was to it, regardless of the impression you get from DT's little story. There was no flame war or anything like that at all, because no one was silly enough to take it seriously, apart from possibly DT himself, who out of the blue became the prophet.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Martyn -

Welcome back you old goat kisser. How's the family?

You do realize I have YOU to blame for getting me into this whole Wheel of Time thing, right? I still remember the get together on the Cape when you lent me EotW.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

So Dapple knows who to blame, eh?

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

What Martyn Did is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post

Good catch on the Tad Williams thing. Yes, it was that Deornoth. But I loved his Otherland series even more.

Two years sounds about right.

“Halt here! Now! By order of the Lord Dragon! Else he’ll channel your head into your belly and feed you your own feet for breakfast!”
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Welcome back you old goat kisser. How's the family?

You do realize I have YOU to blame for getting me into this whole Wheel of Time thing, right? I still remember the get together on the Cape when you lent me EotW.
Hey there, J. The family is great thanks. Wife says "hi".

I sent you a personal msg, Hopper, so if you didn't get it, then I fargen-hosed it. Let me know.

I have a pic of you and RJ and a bunch of TL'ers, but aside from you and Mr. Jordan, I don't remember who's who.

Quote:
So Dapple knows who to blame, eh?
Sorry, Frenzy. He was an easy target.

“Halt here! Now! By order of the Lord Dragon! Else he’ll channel your head into your belly and feed you your own feet for breakfast!”

Last edited by What Martyn Did; 12-06-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: still getting used to the msg controls
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Default Old forums

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back. I'm glad see from the "Moiraine's Rescue" threads that motherhood hasn't changed the feminazi too much.

I thought I remembered ShadowbaneX, but too much lurking is confusing who was around way back then.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's possible. I joined the forums in June of 2000 just after we moved to EZBoard (which I think was hamster free, save for a couple of monster attacks in it's later years). That said, I was active on the main site, theories and the like, since the site first started. Or it's the lurking. Who knows?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Martyn Did View Post

I sent you a personal msg, Hopper, so if you didn't get it, then I fargen-hosed it. Let me know.
You fargen hosed it.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

The Naz is back welcome number 40:

Welcome back WMD!

You may call me Naz!

*Sets himself on fire*

Blood and bloody ashes my fingers are starting to hurt.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen