art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > JordanCon 2011
User Name
Password

Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
13th Depository

Linda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to behold

I am, Emma. Not only am I on panels, but I'm doing a costuming workshop and helping on another.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I knew that Linda Still good to hear that you are coming.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Youngling

Eowyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to convince my sister to come with me. We've been reading and theorizing about the books together since '94. Our father used to take out our lightbulb on school nights because we'd stay up to 3 AM reading.

However, she has two very young children and probably won't go And since I don't know anyone it be mega intimidating to go on my own. So I need to keep harassing her.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Elder

Juan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud of

Well, I will not be going this year because I figured I'd save some money and go for 2012. The big year for AMOL.

So you should definitely go then if not this year.

You could always knock your sister unconscious and drag her to the con. Totally acceptable among family members.

I'm probably going to go on my own for 2012 and just meet up with everyone at the event. So there's no need to be shy! We're easygoing... for the most part. If you really want to get to know us, the cool people hang out in the non-wot board.

Oh and I'm the best looking guy here on TL, even though Sei'Taer would say otherwise. Don't believe what he says though. :P

I went to a garage sale. "How much for the garage?" "It's not for sale."
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

Eowyn: it's no problem going by yourself. It's a very small convention, you will meet up with people and have fun ) If you wave around with a TL flag people will spot you and talk to you.

Juan: The best looking guy here on Theoryland is Pops. Sei'Taer has to get his looks from someone
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Elder

Juan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud of

Lies. Lies upon lies.

I don't think we can be friends anymore, Isa...

You will see the truth one day.

I went to a garage sale. "How much for the garage?" "It's not for sale."
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
To those if you that haven't met me, I'm easy to find. I'll be the tall, unbelievably good looking guy with the smooth southern accent and the women draped all around me.
How did I miss this? LOL

Sei's a lot of things, but a liar ain't one of them.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default You should certainly go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
I am trying to convince my sister to come with me. We've been reading and theorizing about the books together since '94. Our father used to take out our lightbulb on school nights because we'd stay up to 3 AM reading.

However, she has two very young children and probably won't go And since I don't know anyone it be mega intimidating to go on my own. So I need to keep harassing her.
It's a blast and everyone gets to know each other real quick. It's absolutely worth every moment. Don't worry about the intimidation factor, just dive right in.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Still bummed i'm not going again. No watching Isabel give hapless people drop. No sharing sips of engine degreaser with Pops. No laughing at Sei'taer with Sei'taer's wife. No watching prom girls take their pictures with the Green Man. No Frenzy-Ishara team of ultimate awesomeness. No scaring the bejeezus out of Brandon and Maria. No total domination of WoT Trivia contests. No poking fun at the Moiraine fangirls. No drunken games of Darkfriend Lynching DM'ed by Seeker. No Grilled Cheese signs from Camel at the airport.

~sighs~ maybe next year.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Still bummed i'm not going again. No watching Isabel give hapless people drop. No sharing sips of engine degreaser with Pops. No laughing at Sei'taer with Sei'taer's wife. No watching prom girls take their pictures with the Green Man. No Frenzy-Ishara team of ultimate awesomeness. No scaring the bejeezus out of Brandon and Maria. No total domination of WoT Trivia contests. No poking fun at the Moiraine fangirls. No drunken games of Darkfriend Lynching DM'ed by Seeker. No Grilled Cheese signs from Camel at the airport.

~sighs~ maybe next year.
Now you are making me sad While i am still going.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:

~sighs~ maybe next year.
UGH. This.

Will definitely be there in 2012. This year is just too full of stupid life milestones like buying a house and getting married. LOL

I think maybe that the grilled cheese sign was the first moment I realized how much damn FUN it was going to be.

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Yah, it's up to everyone who IS going to have a great time, scare Brandon & Maria (in a nice way), dominate trivia, and show everyone how much fun TL can be.

Just do me a favor and refer to Sei'taer as Mageen.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Youngling

Eowyn is an unknown quantity at this point

May have convinced my anti-fiction husband to go, only because Mets are playing in Atlanta that weekend.

I need help.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
May have convinced my anti-fiction husband to go, only because Mets are playing in Atlanta that weekend.
Hmmm, didn't even notice that. I may have to taken in a ball game if events have wound down by Sunday afternoon.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Just do me a favor and refer to Sei'taer as Mageen.
BWAAAA HAAA HAAA.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Et tu Ish?

Totally bummed you guys are not going to make it...I'm almost afraid to tell Teri.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Totally bummed you guys are not going to make it...I'm almost afraid to tell Teri.
Geez Tam, lay on the guilt why don't you? I know, I feel awful about missing things, but with the house (which is mostly under control - just not if you include weekend jaunts to Atlanta) and the wedding...Just can't justify it financially. Next year for SURE though. Even if I may not be drinking alcohol...

Besides, you and Teri know I love you lots.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Youngling

Zahdemano is an unknown quantity at this point

My hotel is booked and Con ticket is payed for, only thing left to get is the rental car. See you in Atlanta in April