art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I do not quite yet have all those details worked out.
Yeah he wanted to chill with a little buddha while he was all melancholy. Now that he has manned up he has no doubt put away his need for soothing trinkets.

" 'Looks like the game can be won after all,' [Mat] said. 'Tell the foxes I'm mighty pleased with this key they gave me. Also, you can all go rot in a flaming pit of fire and ashes, you unwashed lumps on a pig's backside. Have a grand bloody day.' "

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."
Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei View Post
I laughed. Probably harder than I should have. >_>

We haven't seen very many male angreal except plot related ones. I'm not sure if I'd be thrilled if they suddenly started sprouting like mushrooms in MoL.
They will. Moridin has begun distributing xmas gifts and avi will probably share some booty as well.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Elder

New Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really nice

Quote:
LewsTherin10: In conclusion, it is most Likely that Logain is captured because of Mezar's words, "..all would soon be resolved with Taim..”
Exactly what 'resolved' means in this context is anyones guess. I think however its unlikely to mean Logain has been captured and is, even as Mezar spoke, being forcibly turned to the Shadow.

What's more likely is, what with Taim setting up the Dreamspike and pretty much declaring in bold print that he serves the Shadow, that the faceoff AKA 'resolution' between himself and Logain is imminent. Taim obviously feels pretty confident he's on the winning side. He doesn't as yet know about the Dragon's 'change', so from his perspective he probably thinks the war is a foregone conclusion.

I take Mezar's words to mean Taim's confident that victory is imminent, in other words: Logain and Taim's mutual dislike will be resolved through the death of the former...
Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Youngling

Bonek is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted this in Tar Valon. But noone replied. Turns out, the discussions in here are much juicier. So now, I walk in the Light.

As Brandon stated earlier, the book will begin with BT storyline. Considering the facts that:
- More than half the ashamans (approximately 600, if we consider ashamans total number at 1000) were taken from BT (which is a very good thing) and stationed in Illian and other Rand's lands.
- Around 100 ashaman (presumably from those 600) were sent to Rodel but they later returned to some place unknown? Tear, Illian or BT? We don't know yet. But we do know that their leader lost his leg and he is a good guy.
- BT itself currently is split to 2 camps - good guys loyal to Logain and bad Taim's pawns. Good guys with the leadership of Androl (he is a curious guy) are allying themselves with Aes sedai inside the BT.
- We last saw Logain in the prologue of tGS when he was with Rand while returning captured suldam and damane to Ebou Dar.
- Logain with Taim's permission went to recruit new ashamans.

So, my BT storyline (the first chapters of MoL) will be as follows:
Logain takes around 100 ashaman from Illian and travels to Seanchan lands where he aggressively recruits men who can channel. In order to get as many men as possible he brings that many ashaman with him and lots of tea. Within 1 month he gets around 300-500 new recruits and they are taught only most basic destructive and protective weaves (protective dome weave which we saw in Dumai's wells is a must). This whole recruiting mission is presented as a flashback from the more or less closer time (like 2-3 days before FoM meeting) when Logain is marching towards BT with his army. He travelled to a place near BT and marches from there. Near BT, he sees Myrelle's group of Aes sedai and gets angry when he learns that they are still not got permission to bond ashaman. At this time, Naeff arrives with the message from Rand and they discuss what's happening in BT. Why they're not able to travell there directly etc. and Naeff shows Logain Rand's new weave by which ashaman can hide their ability to channel. From there, Logain's and Myrelle's armies go to BT's nearest gate, while Logain's new ashaman are disguised as Myrelle's common soldiers with hidden channeling ability. At BT's gate, seeing Logain, Androll's party marches towards him with proof that Taim is a dirty bastard. AND the battle begins. At the end of the battle, good guys win. But Logain's glory has yet to come. As he sees fires from Caemlin and marches his ashaman and Myrelle's allied aes sedai to fight shadowspawn in Caemlin where his triumph will give him his GLORY which was foretold by Min.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Youngling

LewsTherin10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see the BT issue being resolved before the Last Battle. I see it being part of the Last Battle. I expect it to be one of the many fronts Tarmon Gaidon will be fought on. Logain will lead this battle and come out the victor ensuring his glory and place as head of the BT. When the dust is settled he'll negotiate with Egwene the rightful place of male Aes Sedai. She'll have no choice but to play ball because of the Asha'man sheer numbers.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Youngling

Bonek is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTherin10 View Post
I don't see the BT issue being resolved before the Last Battle. I see it being part of the Last Battle. I expect it to be one of the many fronts Tarmon Gaidon will be fought on. Logain will lead this battle and come out the victor ensuring his glory and place as head of the BT. When the dust is settled he'll negotiate with Egwene the rightful place of male Aes Sedai. She'll have no choice but to play ball because of the Asha'man sheer numbers.
Well, whatever left of the black ashamans can run away from BT and participate in Tarmon Gaidon as Dread Lords.

I see it this way. Taim MUST die in the beginning of MoL, because Dark side has too many ego males already.
- Moridin
- Demandred
- Mordeth (well, he is his own master. but still big egomaniac)

So, there won't be too many POV possibilities to include all the bad leaders in Tarmon Gaidon

Besides, Mor+Dem = Rand+Logain. It is fair I think
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Elder

New Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really niceNew Futurist Man is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonek View Post
So, my BT storyline (the first chapters of MoL) will be as follows:
Logain takes around 100 ashaman from Illian...
Excellent theory Bonek, I hadn't even considered the use Logain could put to the weave the Dragon taught Naeff!

Quote:
At BT's gate, seeing Logain, Androll's party marches towards him with proof that Taim is a dirty bastard.
LMAO! I LOL'd out loud!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Elder

Quote:
- More than half the ashamans (approximately 600, if we consider ashamans total number at 1000) were taken from BT (which is a very good thing) and stationed in Illian and other Rand's lands.
- Around 100 ashaman (presumably from those 600) were sent to Rodel but they later returned to some place unknown? Tear, Illian or BT? We don't know yet. But we do know that their leader lost his leg and he is a good guy.
I think its pretty safe to assume the 100 Asha'man led by Deepe Bhadar who accompanied Ituralde were deployed from the Black Tower. There would have been no reason to weaken the defense of the Illian border by scooping up a huge percentage of the Asha'man stationed there when there are 100s of trained Asha'man inactive in the Black Tower. Given that at the time the Dragon still more or less presumed his writ still commanded things in the Black Tower, its almost certain he would've deployed Asha'man from the Black Tower.

As its unlikely any of the Asha'man attached to Ituralde's army returned to the Black Tower, would mean the number of Asha'man resident outside the Black Tower - and, we presume, loyal to the Light - comfortably outweighs those within its walls and privy to Taim's machinations.