art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

a dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of light

1. How long have you been reading WoT?
Since fall 1999.

2. Do you lurk and/or post at other WoT forums? Which ones?
Sometimes I lurk and very arrely post at wheeloftime.ru

3. When did you discover the online fandom?
Autumn 2003, beginning with Theoryland exactly.

4. Have you ever been to a WoT signing, with either RJ or Brandon? Tell us about it if you have!
Nope.

5. What is your favorite WoT book? If you would rather, rank them all.
TGH. Following it are TSR and TFoH.

7. Are there any other books or series that you enjoy? As much as WoT? More?
Pratchett's Discworld in the category of "more".

8. What was your reaction to learning who killed Asmodean? Was it 'Yay!'? Was it 'You? No!'? Was it 'That's nice. Next!'?
Definitely 'That's nice. Next!'.

9. Would you like to see Brandon write the prequels and outriggers? Or would you rather he stopped writing WoT novels after A Memory of Light?
I'll love to see the prequels and outriggers. Until it's about what has RJ's notes about, there's no problem in "not ending it".

X. When did you join Theoryland?
Autumn 2003, both on the site and the ezboard forum.

Y. What are your favorite WoT mysteries? and Z. Do you have any pet theories?
I had lots of both in my time, some of them still are mysteries or believable theories, but, you now, time passes and theories fede to myth... well, I have to remember them first and only then call them favorite.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

adbf!!! yay! *dances*

haven't seen you around in ages... you were missed. What are you up to nowadays?

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

a dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of lighta dragonburned fool is a glorious beacon of light

Yks! Delighted to be not completely forgotten. A new book can wake some like me from the dead. Sometimes.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dragonburned fool View Post
Yks! Delighted to be not completely forgotten. A new book can wake some like me from the dead. Sometimes.
Where the hell have you been?!? About bloody time you came back!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dragonburned fool View Post
is so cool that you're back. are you sticking around? I feel like a party!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Elder

kivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to all

Quote:
Since December 1995.

Quote:
Dragonmount sometimes.

Quote:
I first took a look in the late 90s but didn't really get into it until the run up to "The Gathering Storm."

Quote:
4. Have you ever been to a WoT signing, with either RJ or Brandon? Tell us about it if you have!
No, it's not my type of thing. However I did once write Robert Jordan a letter (good old fashion postal mail) and he kindly wrote back. Unfortunately I misplaced it over the years as I have moved numerous times. I believe he did RAFO me once or twice in it. It was awesome to get a letter from him.

Quote:
I'll put them into tiers:

Love them: The Great Hunt, The Eye of the World, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, Fires of Heaven, Lord of Chaos, The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight

Good stuff: A Crown of Swords, Winter's Heart, Knife of Dreams, New Spring

Meh: Path of Daggers

Meh Squared: Crossroads of Twilight. Upon first reading I actually slammed the hardcover book down on the ground emphatically in frustration how everything was dragging on and didn't come back to it for some time.

Quote:
6. Who are your favorite WoT characters? Least favorite?
Rand is my favorite. Tam is a close second. I'm also fond of Galad, Lan, Loial, Thom, Nynaeve, Perrin and of course Mat. Post-Towers, I've forgiven a lot of the main characters who I was frustrated with. I'll go with Tuon at this point as least favorite. I'm pretty annoyed with Demandred for having such a cool name and essentially having done squat so far.

Quote:
No. I really don't read fantasy books other than WoT.

Quote:
8. What was your reaction to learning who killed Asmodean? Was it 'Yay!'? Was it 'You? No!'? Was it 'That's nice. Next!'?
I thought it was contrived that Graendal was there. I understand the breakdown of "how" it supposedly happened. I still think it is weak. But the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, I suppose. If we're going to have random Forsakens show up and kill people, maybe it could have been Demandred so he could have actually done something on screen in the series of interest.

Quote:
9. Would you like to see Brandon write the prequels and outriggers? Or would you rather he stopped writing WoT novels after A Memory of Light?
Sure, I think Brandon Sanderson has done a great job, as good as anyone not-Robert Jordan could have. He has honored the material. I also enjoy his pacing, it's a nice pick-up in style vs. books 10 and 11. I would like to see the world continue on.

Quote:
10. Tell us something about yourself. Anything. It can be a random detail, or a 5-page essay. We are easygoing. (Except on Tuesdays.)
I hope when my kids look back on me as a father, they will think me as wise and caring as Tam al'Thor.

"Who are you to ask for a meeting with the High Lady?" Falendre demanded. She emphasized the title for some reason.

"My name is Rand al'Thor. I'm the Dragon Reborn." If they had wept at hearing Semirhage's name, they wailed at hearing his.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Youngling

cindy is just really nicecindy is just really nicecindy is just really nicecindy is just really nicecindy is just really nicecindy is just really nice

* 20 years more or less.

* dragonmount.

* ? around 2004 or 5-ish, when i started looking around the internet for why the series seemed to have. . . well, you know.

* no. too many humans.

* i love them all equally until moirane gets yanked from the plot. then everything goes all pear shaped and it's all downhill from there for me.

* moirane, mat, the wolves, thom, verin most favorite. i like most of the rest of the main characters OK. dislike every single named character, outside the main couple dozen or so, who have little or nothing to do with the story except to add more named characters. (i don't mean all the additional named characters have nothing to do with anything, i mean i really dislike the hundreds of ancillary characters who seem to just be tossed in for the world record or something.)

* as much and more - terry pratchett anything, esp discworld, neil gaman most everything, dragonriders first 6 or 9 or so, harry potter's good, dickens everything, tolstoy the first half of nearly everything (like RJ, he had problems finishing stories), jane austen, every word, most of the brontes' stuff, laura ingalls wilder, everything, tolkien. . . ecclesiastes, especially the LOLcat version. . . i guess a lot of stuff.

* "lame."

* no.

10. Tell us something about yourself. Anything. It can be a random detail, or a 5-page essay. We are easygoing. (Except on Tuesdays.)

* no.

Also, if you joined any time in the last couple of years, you don't have to answer this one. We can see your join date. If you joined on Yuku or some other board lost in the mists of time:

And these are also optional - perhaps only for the most hard core:

Y. What are your favorite WoT mysteries?

* i don't really like mysteries.

Z. Do you have any pet theories?

* no.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Elder

TeeJay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TeeJay Send a message via MSN to TeeJay Send a message via Skype™ to TeeJay

uhmm..2002

nope

nope

TSR

Used to be rand, but he got all weird and stuff.. i like Narishma, even though his presence in the story varies from book to book

Pretty much all of Brandon Sanderson's stuff, Tas william's Shadowmarch series is cool too, just to name a few.. WoW is my favorite series, but my favorite book is "The Name of The Wind" from Patrick Rothfuss, hands down.

"hmmm..."

brandon ftw.

uhm.. joined this site a looooong time ago, i was 15 (9days from turning 23). kept taking breaks/getting distracted and what not... uhm.. i was called Rand alThor15 back then, some of you might remember me.
i own more than one pair of boxers.

Also, if you joined any time in the last couple of years, you don't have to answer this one. We can see your join date. If you joined on Yuku or some other board lost in the mists of time:

ZOMG!! HOW WILL IT ALL ENDDDD?!?!?

Bela killed Asmo. everything in ToM was a lie!

P.S.: Oh Snap! forgot i was an elder.. how come i'm an elder in the forums but not on the main website? awww
Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

1. How long have you been reading WoT? 1990

2. Do you lurk and/or post at other WoT forums? Which ones? Nope.

3. When did you discover the online fandom? er... 1998?

4. Have you ever been to a WoT signing, with either RJ or Brandon? Tell us about it if you have! No. No one comes to Houston.

5. What is your favorite WoT book? If you would rather, rank them all. Uh, all of them?

6. Who are your favorite WoT characters? Least favorite? Matt, Perrin, Egwene, Nynaeve, Gawyn. Don't have a least favorite.

7. Are there any other books or series that you enjoy? As much as WoT? More? Tons. To many to list.

8. What was your reaction to learning who killed Asmodean? Was it 'Yay!'? Was it 'You? No!'? Was it 'That's nice. Next!'? *yawn*

9. Would you like to see Brandon write the prequels and outriggers? Or would you rather he stopped writing WoT novels after A Memory of Light? He can keep writing.

10. Tell us something about yourself. Anything. It can be a random detail, or a 5-page essay. We are easygoing. (Except on Tuesdays.) No ritual beatings?

X. When did you join Theoryland? 1998

Y. What are your favorite WoT mysteries? They've all been solved, that's all I remember.

Z. Do you have any pet theories? Nope.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Youngling

wrmusgro is an unknown quantity at this point

Since 1994.

I lurk around Dragonmount.

Just prior to the release of The Gathering Storm.

No, although I should have went to JordanCon and DragonCon since I live in Atlanta...

1) Fires of Heaven. (Just an awesome book)

2) The Great Hunt. (Probably the greatest "fantasy quest" book of all time - blows LOTR out of the water. This was the book that really got me hooked on WOT)

3) The Shadow Rising. (I remember being on the figurative edge of my seat through the entire read.)
4) Lord of Chaos. (Ahh...the introduction of "Crazy Rand...")

5) The Dragon Reborn. (At first I didn't like the book as much because Rand wasn't featured, but this book was Mat's coming out party, and he delivered big-time).

6) The Gathering Storm. (Just a great, great, read.)

7) The Towers of Midnight. (This book may move up the list as time goes by, but for now, its a solid number 7...)

8) A Crown of Swords. (I don't know why this book gets a bad rap. It's non-stop action the entire ride.)

9) The Eye of The World. (Don't get me wrong, just because the book is at number 9 doesn't mean it's a bad book. I think it really speaks to how good the rest of the series is. That being said...it didn't knock me off my feet the first time I read it. I didn't really appreciate it until much later in the series and after another re-read.)

10) Winter's Heart (Come to think of it, this book should be higher...the cleansing of Saidin was AWESOME!)

11) The Knife of Dreams (A solid book. Rand is REALLY starting to crack in this book.)

12) The Path of Daggers. (Really, this isn't a bad book. I actually enjoyed it. Once again, I don't know why this book gets a bad rap. In a way, the ending is kinda like Empire Strikes Back in that things aren't really looking good for the good-guys when its all over.)

13) The Crossroads of Twighlight. (There's no easy way to put this: I kinda hated this book. Normally - even with work - I would tear through a book in a week or less, but I think it took me over a month to finish because I was so disinterested at times...)

Rand and Mat are my favorites (it varies on the book). Eladia used to be my least favorite, but Egwene REALLY annoys me. (Get off your high-horse girl. I mean seriously, you've been an Aes Sedai/fake Amyrlin for what? Like 6 months? And you CONTINUE to screw-up left and right.)

I enjoy a Song of Fire and Ice, but I'm pretty much over that series now. With the lenght of time that has passed since A Feast for Crows, you would think that George R.R. Martin was the one who had died, not Robert Jordan. My guilty fantasy pleasure would have to be Salvatore's Drizzt series...

I was like, seriously? We learn about it in the glossary? Kinda anti-climatic.

I'd like to see the Outriggers done. I think we've had enough prequels.

I'm a practicing lawyer and a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.

I'm dying to find out where Demandred is, and I also can't wait to find out the mystery of who/what Mazrim Taim is.

I believe Rand will use Callandor to weild the True Power, Saidin and Saidar to seal the Bore ("and the three shall become one....")
Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Elder

ChubbyAiel is just really niceChubbyAiel is just really niceChubbyAiel is just really niceChubbyAiel is just really niceChubbyAiel is just really niceChubbyAiel is just really nice

I was about 11 or 12 when I bought Eye of the World, so around í94. Iíve been reading them for more than half my life.

No.

Can't remember.

No.

Probably Lord of Chaos. Randís time in the box was pretty tense.

Favourites would be Perrin, Mat, Egwene and Lan. Least favourites would be Min and Elayne.

Robin Hobbís Farseer Trilogy is probably the best fantasy series Iíve read, and the Tawny Man was a great follow-up. Then comes the Wheel of Time. Iím enjoying JV Jonesí Sword of Shadows and I really enjoyed Paul Kearneyís Monarchies of God. Iím reading Trudi Canavanís Black Magician Trilogy at the moment.

ďOh right.Ē I was never too bothered about that.

Depends on whether or not Jordan left enough notes/guidelines. I wouldnít really want Sanderson to make up too much additional stuff. It would have been good to see the other two planned prequels, but it wonít be the end of the world if we donít get them.

Iíd quite like to write my own fantasy series and have been thinking things through, planning, making notes and beginning to write my ideas on and off for the past five yearsÖ It should be ready in another 20 if Iím lucky.

Canít really remember. It was a few years back now. I joined a few factions then didnít really come back. Not sure why.

The Song isnít a specific song. The Aiel, Nym and Ogier probably sung many songs to make things grow. Over time, a single mythical ďSongĒ was all that remained of the memory of these songs. That is all the Tinkers are aware of, and so they search for this myth. The Song probably wonít be discovered before the Last Battle, if it is mentioned in the series at all. After the Battle, the Aiel will be singing songs of victory or mourning, the Ogier will join in with their songs, and they will adjust to each otherís voices and ďThe SongĒ will be rediscovered in this natural, organic way. Maybe the Nym will be recreated later and add to this, but maybe they wonít Ė The Wheel dictates certain major events must happen again and again, and that souls be reborn, but specifics donít have to be repeated.

That's not based on anything, so I can't really make a proper theory out of it with citings and logical argument, and hence I haven't posted it anywhere.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Youngling

Chazle is an unknown quantity at this point

About 10 years now...And I'm 21. Wow.

Dragonmount and RAFO, I lurk, but don't post.

Probably when I was 13 or 14...wotmania

Nope...although I'd love to.

Easier to answer my LEAST favorite...WH and KoD

Favorite: Lan, and Mat.
Least favorite: Egeanin. Or however you spell her name. And seanchan in general.

I don't enjoy anything as much as WoT, but I enjoy the Shannara series and The Deathgate Cycle very, very much.

8. What was your reaction to learning who killed Asmodean? Was it 'Yay!'? Was it 'You? No!'? Was it 'That's nice. Next!'? "That's nice. Next!"

I enjoy his writing. However, I would want him to treat any prequals and outriggers the way that he's treated the books so far...as close to Jordan's writing as he can, with heavy use of notes and input from Harriet. I don't want him to make up his own stories, I want him to tell RJ's.

Today's tuesday. Shit. Well, I didn't read the second half of EOTW until after I read CoS. My mom had bought me "From the Two Rivers" before we went on a long trip, and I had no idea that there was a second half to the book. When I started TGH, I was incredibly confused. Also, I'm a music major, wow addict (about to transfer from rexxar ally to black dragonflight horde, in case anyone cares.), and if I could only do two things for the rest of my life, it would be read and ski. Oh, and I'm about to start brewing my own beer. I like beer.

What Herid Fel was going to tell Rand. Even though I'm pretty sure it was that he has to break the seals. Also...I want to know wtf Demandred's upto. And kind-of-not-related-to-the-question, I'm most looking forward to the confrontation at the Black Tower

I used to have the pet theory that Moirane was still alive. Then we read Thom's letter. I was giddy. Giddy I tell you.

Last edited by Chazle; 01-25-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Youngling

bgrishinko has a spectacular aura aboutbgrishinko has a spectacular aura aboutbgrishinko has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to bgrishinko

As a note: I filled this out MONTHS ago and then for some reason, I got logged out randomly and lost my entire post. So after a long period of mourning, I've decided to give it another go.

Hi! I'm Bgrishinko, otherwise known as Krit.

I started reading WoT in middle school, right before WH was released. I didn't get to WH until a month or two after it was released, but close enough. It began when I needed to do a book report on a sci-fi/fantasy genre book. A friend of mine had given me TEotW, months before... anywho, that whole story is here: http://www.kritpetty.com... Please come and comment! Random stuff, but the occasional WoT post too.

2. Do you lurk and/or post at other WoT forums? Which ones? AND

I've been a lurker at all WoT sites since 2002. I never used to like to participate... not enough time, too much effort. I LOVED reading people's theories though. Wotmania was my homepage for years and years. That was the only site I remotely participated in. Had a few theories, re-wrote song lyrics, etc. I was known as Kritter back then. Currently, I'm simply here at TL, Twitter friends, and Dragonmount (still Lurking).

I was at the Midnight Release in Provo for both TGS and ToM. I got numbered book #10 TGS and #12 for ToM. As you can see by my profile pic, I dressed up as a fatter Mat Cauthon.

Ooo... sometimes this changes a bit...
Ranking is best:
Awesome: TGS, TSR, TFoH, TEotW
Great: TGH, TDR, LoC, WH, KoD, ToM
Good: ACoS, CoT
Makes a slow re-read: TPoD

Perrin was an early favorite for me, and still is now. I can't get enough of Rand. Moridin is super intriguing.

Can't stand the Sea Folk, not a Tuon fan (although Fortuona is winning me over), or Queen Tylin. Mainly I just don't like all those people who are "Good guys" but make it a priority to take advantage of people, especially my Mat, without cause.

I'm perfectly fine with Berelain though, and Faile... and Cadsuane. They are unique enough to to always be interesting to me.

Nothing much more that WoT. I don't have the constitution to get involved in any other epics. I do like to read Michael Crichton's books. I read books that have attained a popular status. Last other non-Wot book I read: The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Makes sense to me. She/he was always my guess.

I would like the prequels and outriggers if the notes exist properly to have the entire plot laid out, that contributes to overall story of WoT. If Brandon has to make it up, then we are just milking the franchise.

I was in an infomercial for Murad (google it) when I was 16 (a fairly large part, not just a before and after pic). I once made a 40 lb. water balloon.

Fain's final role. Moridin's final role. I used to be obsessed with Mesaana's identity. That was a cooler reveal to me that Asmo's killer.

Somewhat Loony, halfway serious: The DO is actually the Creator corrupted. RJ said in a letter ( http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...ce5b151a?pli=1 ) He doesn't deny the Creator has an active role in RandLand, but is mysterious about it. Being corrupted, he wishes to destroy all creation... or possibly Re-Create? He has the power over death, which seems a form of Creation to me. Anyway, kind of loony.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Youngling

finnssss is an unknown quantity at this point

Since '93

Lurked forever here and at DM, finally decided to start posting a couple months ago.

6-7 years ago.

Nope.

Lord of Chaos.

Favs - Mat, Rand, Lan, Talmanes and Verin
Least - Elayne, Byar and "insert random windfinder here"

None more but LotR is definitely up there.

Was never a high priority to me, I had it nailed down to 2-3 people but it wasn't anything special as I think it was pretty evident he wasn't going to be around long, just a matter of time.

Would definitely love to see BS write 'em.

I am/was always a big sports guy and took a lot of flak over the years for my interests in D&D, WoT and WoW.

WTF is Demandred?!?!?!

What I feel is my most solid theory is that Androl, as a wilder, was channeling with a block for a very long time and is much, much older than he appears.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Youngling

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My First Post

I just joined the forum today and although this thread is fairly old I thought it a nice choice for my first ever post. I've lurked around for a while but this is the first time I've decided to step in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Usually we do this on the non-WoT board, but most of our new members are hanging out here, so we're going to change the game a little bit. I'll make a list of questions; you copy the form and fill it out. We shall all get to know each other a little better.

since 2001

I'm an early wotmaniac, used to lurk a lot but never posted any thing

~ 2005

No

Eye of the World
Fires of Heaven
Crown of Swords

fave: Mat, Nynaeve, Lan, Aviendha, Ituralde, Tuan, Narg
Least fave: Egwene, Egwene, Egwene, increasingly Elayne

Not more than WoT, but on their own way Harry Potter, Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes and many oters

I feel quite stupid cause I completely missed any mention of Asmo's death

I would like to see any thing that has been even remotely outline by RJ to be finished and published. In fact I'm praying for it.

I studied architecture!!! and am also a Potter

today

Damandred's whereabouts, Taim's true loyalties and motivations

Last edited by Lightning; 03-03-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Youngling

InfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura aboutInfamousOne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to InfamousOne
Default Don't know as I've done this yet...

1. How long have you been reading WoT? 1994-ish? I was in Junior High and EotW was in my library. Must've read it 5 times.

2. Do you lurk and/or post at other WoT forums? Which ones? Not really. I am on TV... I think.

3. When did you discover the online fandom? 1996-ish? Started out with the old Prodigy BBs and then Prodigy Chat and moved to AOL.

4. Have you ever been to a WoT signing, with either RJ or Brandon? Tell us about it if you have! I have. My ToM report is here somewhere because I told Terez all about it. I'm also the one who asked the Mesaana question at the KoD signing and then told Brandon the wrong information at the tGS signing.

Erm... can I get back to y'all on this one? CoT is undoubtedly my LEAST favorite...

I've always had a huge love for Perrin... mostly because I relate to him really well, and I love wolves. The whole him going crazy over Faile drove me nuts though.

As much or more than WoT? I'm rather partial to the Recluce Saga.

I'd read the theories. G made the most sense. The anti-climatic reveal in the glossary irritated me.

I want more Stormlight Archive from him! The outriggers would be cool eventually if Harriet allows their writing.

I'm a wine manager at a high-end steakhouse and I am pretty religious about my reading when I have the chance.

I think the only one that's left is where Barid Bel is... I pegged Moridin in Shadar Logoth.

Currently, no. Makes my life easier.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Youngling

Universum is on a distinguished road

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was in 2005 that I was bored at my cousin's place, picked out a random book from the shelf, and started reading.

Nope.

I was having a hard time picturing some of the characters (don't remember which ones, though), so I googled pictures of them. And.. yeah, that's about it.

Nope.

I'm not sure. I do like Towers of Midnight quite a lot, but that could be because it's all new. The other ones (except TGS) I've read a few times. I didn't like TGS that much, but ToM is really good.

Moiraine is the absolute favorite, but in her abscence, I would probably go with Mat, Aviendha or Min. I really dislike Gawyn, Elaida and, in a whay, Egwene. She annoys me, but at the same time I understand why she does the things she does.

I enjoy a lot of books. Sci fi and fantasy is doubtless my favorite genres, but they are also full of crap, so it's fairly hard to sort out the pearls.. Eh. My favorite books of all times are My Name is Asher Lev, written by Chaim Potok, and The Harmony Silk Factory, written by Tash Aw. Neither of them are sci fi/fantasy. More like.. drama. And completely unexpected. I had to read them in an english-coruse, and I was sooo bored when I read the back of them, but it seems that teacher had an amazing taste in books.

More like.. "Way to go!"

I would love for him to write them. I'm actually very pleased with his work on TGS and ToM. Way past my expectations.

I prefer TV-series over movies.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Youngling

sgwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Since 2000. I was in 6th grade.

I've lurked for awhile here and at Dragonmount.

About as soon as I started reading the series.

Nope.

1) LoC
2) TFoH, ACoS, KoD, TGS
3) TSR, TPoD, WH, ToM
4) CoT
5) TEotW, TGH, TDR

Like: LTT (voice), Egwene, Moiraine, Taim, Moridin, Mat, JesusRand
Dislike: Tuon, Suroth, Elaida, Elayne, Perrin, Faile, Cadsuane.

His Dark Materials

I kind of wish they'd left it open.

I'm more interested in a possible RPG from Obsidian than I am in outriggers or prequels.

I am in medical school.

Taim is not a Third-Ager; Mierin got wishes from the Finns in the AoL; Nynaeve will "Heal" Rand's death by ripping him out of T'a'r.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

I first picked up Eye of the World in January of 2000. I read through books 1-6 within a few months, then slowed down as the series went on.

Not currently, although I used to read the usenet discussion group for the FAQ.

In the early 2000s. As I said, I used to browse the discussions for the FAQ.

No.

I realize this might make me a bad WoT fan (and definitely not a hardcore fan freak), but I actually dislike Crossroads of Twilight and Winter's Heart quite a lot. I have only managed to read either book once, which has had a severely negative impact on my interest and ability to theorize. I'm more of a WOT appreciator than fan freak at this point, and I'm ok with that.

I've always been partial to Loial, although I feel like the character has gone from central to the plot to forgotten. That's too bad. I don't really have a least favorite character, only an annoyance at the universal personality traits of the female lead characters.

I read a lot of books, and I like most of what I read. There are other fantasy series I've read which are decent (Death Gate cycle comes to mind), but I'm not a die-hard fan of any other series of books.

I think every aspect of that reveal sucked. Finding out in the appendix, the true killer, etc.

I think an up and comer should do the outriggers and prequels. Those other books are in the world Robert Jordan created, true, but they are the most flexible to having a new author add his or her own voice and style without getting in the way of RJ's vision. I think Sanderson has done a great job with the books, but it might be a good opportunity for a new novelist to pick up the outriggers or prequels to jumpstart their careers.

I'm a talented video game player. Some of my accomplishments/useless feats: I was semi-professional at the video game Halo back in 2002 before I quit to go to college full time. I can beat Mario 3 on the NES without warps in about an hour. I am the best Free Cell player I have ever known: my record for wins is currently at 1325 or so in a row (not sure since I'm not on my home computer right now). I'm aiming for 1500 in a row before I quit.

I believe the Pattern has a correcting mechanism for when the Light gets too powerful, a la the pendulum paradigm from Dragonlance. I believe this manifests itself in there being "dark ta'veren" - Moridin/Ishmael is one example of who such a person might be.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Elder

Queen of Malkier is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I ever answered this, so time to do that.

since high school.... and im about to graduate from college. god, I feel old now.

I do both, mostly lurking. I don't have much time to post nowadays :C hoping to change that soon!

A friend pointed me towards the series and my first inclination was to look for an online community, so that's how i found it.

no :C sadly...

All! so far, anyway.

Favorite is Mat. the golden trio of girls come a close second (elayne, nynaeve, and Egwene), surprisingly. I know many people dislike them for whatever reason.

I absolutely hate Faile. I have never managed to like her. There's just something about her that I can't seem to swallow.

Reading the Green Rider series now because of my fiance. They're definitely fun. Not WoT by any means, but a good option for lighter reading.

I was completely indifferent, not gonna lie.

Keep writing! why would anyone ever want him to STOP writing? even with all the books and all the information we've gotten, I thirst for more information about the WoT world.

I'm a cat lady in hiding, about to graduate from a fine arts program, freelance illustrator and avid fantasy novel reader. Somehow people have said im very much like nynaeve although I don't see it. I don't even have a braid to tug at.
I'm a caffeine addict and hate carrots. Someday I'd love to write a book, even if I'm the only one to ever read it. hah.

2005, I think.

Last edited by Queen of Malkier; 04-16-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Tags
roll call