art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > JordanCon 2011
User Name
Password

Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default I'm driving Brandon to the airport

It's about an hour drive, so I'll get to ask him lots of questions. Any suggestions? I'm going to plot with Tam here in a little bit.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

You could ask him whether he knows the Stephen King book Misery.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

make sure you ask Gonzo's question early on in the trip to keep the tension high for the full journey.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I could tell him I'm his #1 fan with a straight face. Not that I don't like him...but I am acquainted with a few really, really gushing fanboys/fangirls. And besides, Peter will be with us. He is clearly Brandon's #1 fan.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

1. Is the gay male character someone we've already seen (like Androl)?

2. Why only the female access key melted.

3. Is the weave placed on Accepted before the AS test a form of Compulsion?

4. Does he know what the Accepted and AS ter'angreal were originally used for?

5. Could a channeler bound to the Horn still channel?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Hehe, ask him if he wants my old Magic cards, and if so where should I send them.

-Ted Danson
Old 04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

swerve a lot and then ask him if he will hold the steering wheel for you while you put your contacts in.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
swerve a lot and then ask him if he will hold the steering wheel for you while you put your contacts in.
Hehe!

Or keep asking him, "Do I seem drunk to you?"

-Ted Danson
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinghour View Post
1. Is the gay male character someone we've already seen (like Androl)?
He already indicated that it was someone we have met already in TOM. His refusal to clarify further on whether or not the character has been introduced previous to TOM seems to point toward Androl.

The rest of your questions are on the list.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Youngling

redhairedking is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on the rest of the Q&A? I am really curious. I wish I lived near some of these cons so that I could actually go.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

I took down the report for now because I am beginning to seriously second-guess my memory on a few of these questions - especially the ones from the bits of the trip where I was distracted, like confusing interstate merges and the airport terminal merges - and I'd like to get the audio and do a real transcript. So, consider yourself teased, but keep in mind I might have made some mistakes. The real report will be up relatively soon, I hope.

Last edited by Terez; 04-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Terez: Who killed Sahra Covenry?
Brandon: Oh wait...Brandon's answer on this no longer makes any sense...
Interesting. I can't help but wonder why his answer, whatever it was, would no longer make sense. Who besides Alviarin and Sheriam were you considering as suspects?

Quote:
Terez: Does one typically (emphasized in the list he was reading) have to visit Shayol Ghul to be granted permission to use the True Power?
Brandon: Yes. I know what you're fishing for here. (I said I didn't expect to slip it past him.)
What are you fishing for here? Taim?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Callandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bah!

Quote:
Terez: What happened to the twelve Aes Sedai Siuan sent to recapture Taim? Their troops?
Brandon: That's a really good question. RAFO. (His excitement at this question led me to believe that they were indeed the ones with the Borderlanders.)
I know it's a good question! That's why I asked it!

"I was cured, all right."
-A Clockwork Orange

"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon."
-Pink Floyd

The Stone of Tear
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callandor View Post
I know it's a good question! That's why I asked it!

I have been defending that theory in your absence - most especially since TOM - so I was rather happy about it too.

Last edited by Terez; 04-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Good stuff!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 04-18-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Too late WSB, lol. (Preliminary report is upthread.)
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

Great work! And very interesting answers. I'm surprised we got so much new info--I thought most answers would be RAFOs. I'll comment more on them once the official version is up, but I'm especially happy he confirmed dead Heroes would still be able to channel.

Thanks, Terez!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Yeah, I posted that half asleep on the train to the airport, then realized it later LOL

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 04-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Terez: What happened to the twelve Aes Sedai Siuan sent to recapture Taim? Their troops?
Brandon: That's a really good question. RAFO. (His excitement at this question led me to believe that they were indeed the ones with the Borderlanders.)
I thought this was a given. Was there a major debate about it that I missed?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
I thought this was a given. Was there a major debate about it that I missed?
Well, it was a good suspicion, but there was never anything resembling confirmation, so there was still some suspicion that some of them were Black Ajah as long as there was still doubt about what the hell the Borderlanders were up to. Now it appears as though none of them were Black. Also, there was always the question of what happened to their troops. They might have been ordered to join the Borderlander armies (either the ones on the march or the ones back on the Blightborder), but there hasn't been any sign of that. They might still be waiting in the Black Hills somewhere.