art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Wheel of Time Resources
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default Composite glossary

Composite Glossary

Dragon Thief and some others had a site called WoTmasters some time ago, and as DT and I were considering working on it again a year or two ago, he shared with me a composite glossary that hadn't been updated since TPOD I think. So, I got to work on updating it, and both of us got distracted by other things.

Anyway, I stopped somewhere around KOD - I can tell by the reference numbers in the doc - but I'm not sure if I finished KOD. Basically, most of the work now is making bookmark links and cross-referencing, and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help with that. All that is required is the ability to follow simple instructions on using google docs. It's a lot of tedious work, but could be knocked out fairly quickly with a little help (aside from finishing the updating, which I plan on doing myself).

Last edited by Terez; 01-14-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Sure. I might not be able to focus on it in the immediate future, but once finals are over I should have some time to work on it. Let me know if you want my help.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

When are finals done? I have two helpers at the moment, and I kinda feel bad because I've more or less dumped it on them at the moment. I finished adding entries through TOM and made some tables, though.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Okay, so...the first and most tedious stint of completing the composite glossary is done. For the next stint, I will need at least a couple more helpers. I picked up two on Twitter - Ben Kluge and Karen Baskins (thanks guys!) - but it will take forever with just the three of us.

Basically, the idea is to go through each entry and look at all 13 glossaries (NS doesn't have one) to make sure all of the changes are properly documented. From the second entry - a'dam - you can sort of see how this works. It's important to know when the entry was changed, but since books 1-8 were already done when I picked this up, I can't vouch for its accuracy, and to be honest I can't even vouch for mine for the later books.

I also need to figure out who to credit for the work that was already done when DT shared this with me. (By the way, if DT ever gets Wotmasters going again, he can have this back, new work included, obviously.) But I'm betting Frenzy and others chipped in the first time, so the work is probably mostly good work. We just need to double-check it before releasing it to the fandom at large.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Elder

sandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the rough

If anyone wants an e-book version of the glossary in either .epub or .mobi (the epub version looks much prettier) format just email me at benkluge1 at gmail dot com.

The links have all been retained and work properly.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I am not sure whether my versions will be the same as the ones used in this. For all apart from books 3, 4, and 5, I have the UK editions which are obviously better - *ahem* are occasionally different from the US editions.

I do have the hardbacks from book 10 onwards which will have been released around the same time as the US editions, it's just that none of mine can really be considered first editions.

With that caveat in mind, is there a manner in which I might be of assistance?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Too late.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Not to worry, then. Next time maybe.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I also need to figure out who to credit for the work that was already done when DT shared this with me. (By the way, if DT ever gets Wotmasters going again, he can have this back, new work included, obviously.) But I'm betting Frenzy and others chipped in the first time, so the work is probably mostly good work. We just need to double-check it before releasing it to the fandom at large.
I know this is really old, but I did all of the initial work by myself for the glossary. It should have been all very accurate to whatever degree the books I had then were (e.g., later reprints may have had minor changes, or possible changes from hardcover to mass market, etc).
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Thief View Post
I know this is really old, but I did all of the initial work by myself for the glossary. It should have been all very accurate to whatever degree the books I had then were (e.g., later reprints may have had minor changes, or possible changes from hardcover to mass market, etc).
We found a few little mistakes in the basis material, but no big deal. There are probably several mistakes remaining, most of them ours, maybe a couple of yours. It will need an overhaul when we put in the AMOL glossary terms. And thanks again for sharing that; it's awesome. Maria liked it. I want to put it on Google Sites but I dread redoing all the anchor tags and getting rid of Google Docs' excess codes.