art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Theoryland Re-Read > WoT Re-Read with Brandon Sanderson
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Youngling

BigBadWolfbrother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilbert View Post
I suspect Perrin is going to deliver an important speech.

He does have a knack for saying the simplest things that turn people to his ta'veren wims.

My predictions:

He will convince EVERYbody gathered at the "Field" that Rand isn't loony, the seals MUST be broken, and they should actually listen to the Dragon "this time around".

He will convince Gawyn to use his bloodknives to assassinate ALL remaining Seanchan "Blood" so that there is no more worry of the future being controlled by them and their nasty collars and leashes. This fulfills this "future teetering on the edge of a blade" prophecy that has been bantered about recently.

"It's just a weave not a rug dammit!"
Old 02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Elder

Spasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really nice

Surely the bit about Seeds and ancient wrongs refer to the fact that no-one on this side of the Aryth ocean kept the oaths, as Seanchan would put it.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Youngling

ScoundrelTheToy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He does have a knack for saying the simplest things that turn people to his ta'veren wims.

My predictions:

He will convince EVERYbody gathered at the "Field" that Rand isn't loony, the seals MUST be broken, and they should actually listen to the Dragon "this time around".

He will convince Gawyn to use his bloodknives to assassinate ALL remaining Seanchan "Blood" so that there is no more worry of the future being controlled by them and their nasty collars and leashes. This fulfills this "future teetering on the edge of a blade" prophecy that has been bantered about recently.

Naw. Egwene's true dream in CoT in the chapter, "in the night" pretty clearly, to me at least, gives us a 'clear' description of how the meeting at the FOM is going to go down.

1st paragraph of dream --> Rand/Perrin bring people to his side of the arguement.

2nd paragraph of dream --> Moiraine arrives and sides with Rand, and brings the house down. This will leave Egwene with only her 'select' Aes Sedai left or her dedicated followers staying on her side.

3rd paragraph of dream --> Egwene in desperation, allies with Tuon (this will blow fans minds *chuckles*).

I feel this true dream would have never been understood beforehand if the books went KOD --> AMOL like Robert Jordan planned. Giving us TGS, and more imporantly, TOM (FOM meeting/breaking the seals plot focus) lets us understand this dream. It's the same deal with Hawkwing's sword Justice that everyone, for the most part, before TGS assumed any prophecy dealing with a sword referred to Callandor.

Quote:
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes..."
That part of the prophecy I interpert as having to do with the whole Aes Sedai/Hawkwing/Seanchan mess. I don't know all the particulars like others do, but from what I understand, Hawkwing was 'wronged' by Aes Sedai and Tuon will somehow fix this; pet theory would be Tuon/Egwene/Matrim circle solving this 'ancient wrong'.

As for the topic of this thread, the 'innocent' Perrin quote that Terez picked out would seem most likely. Whether it's Perrin and the Tinkers, or Perrin making a compelling speech at FOM is possible as well. But I favor Perrin and the Tinkers plotline being resolved, or solved in some manner.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Youngling

Ancalagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Very offtopic, but going back to Gawyn being torn between his oaths and his "Mothers", does anyone else think its very weird that he has to refer to Egwene as Mother? It makes their relationship sound almost incestuous.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Youngling

Chazle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
Very offtopic, but going back to Gawyn being torn between his oaths and his "Mothers", does anyone else think its very weird that he has to refer to Egwene as Mother? It makes their relationship sound almost incestuous.
No, it makes perfect sense. I think we've already seen this plot line play out.

He was torn between his duty to his mother's throne, and Egwene is "Mother"...choosing between his duty to andor and duty to AS.

(He chose the Aes Sedai, btw)
Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Youngling

Ancalagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats not what I meant. I meant the word Mother, for most of us, refers to the woman who gave birth to us. He will be using it to refer to his lover. I know the reason for it, but doesnt it sound the least bit wrong to you?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

There's always been an element of incest in the Arthurian stories. It's not usually between Gawain and Guinevere, but maybe that part of the story changed over the years.