art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Theoryland Re-Read
User Name
Password

Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Planning the reread

Hi Gang. A recent tweet by Tamyrlin prompted me to plan the reread for AMoL.

1. My hardcovers have a total of 9174 pages.
2. I estimate 6 months to reread.
3. That makes 50 pages a night. Every night. For six months. No days off. Ok, fine, we'll add two weeks for unforeseen circumstances.

What to read, and in what order?

I am rereading for fun only, not for posting unfortunately. I know what happens, so I can read chronologically. If I were reading the series for the 1st time, publication date would dictate reading order.

I will not be reading the glossaries. Story only!
I will warm up by reading the Big White Book. Well, skimming actually. I'll only be paying attention to the sections on Seanchan and Forsaken and the pre-modern era. This will be as a prelude to the six-month read.

Reading order:
0. Big White Book
1. Strike at Shayol Ghul
2. New Spring
3. Ravens
4. The Eye of the World
... etc.

Are there any materials I am missing? Any other freebies or little-known WoT morsels I've overlooked?

Lastly, any updates on publication date? Is April 2012 still the best known target? That would mean I could start in September.

Thanks for any feedback! Also, hope this gets you all thinking about your own rereads if you're not already underway.

GL
Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Nope, the expected release date is probably fall 2012
Good to see you again, GLotD. HOw have you been?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default rumour or fact?

I have seen that fall 2012 tossed around elsewhere, but I can't find the source. I can see why a delay would be expected given Brandon's apparent slow reread updates seemed to have lost steam in Book 3, even if the progress bar implies he's done Book 5.

So... source please!

(I am hands full of kids and preventing deaths by blind cords. Kids, get rid of all window coverings with cords. Period. Thanks!)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Youngling

halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all

i think i missed something, what is ravens?

also strike at shayol ghul is included in the bwb
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lord of the Dark View Post
I have seen that fall 2012 tossed around elsewhere, but I can't find the source. I can see why a delay would be expected given Brandon's apparent slow reread updates seemed to have lost steam in Book 3, even if the progress bar implies he's done Book 5.

So... source please!
It was strongly implied at JordanCon this year that the release date for AMOL would most likely be fall 2012 rather than spring 2012.

One of the sources is here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jordan
JordanCon Kaffeklatch with the Rigneys 16 April 2011 - AtlantaRand reporting

Harriet mentioned in the Kaffeklatch that it was possible AMOL would end up being too big to fit in one volume, and so it might end up two books. But then Sanderson in the status update really didn't leave much opening that it would at all be possible. So.....

That was the one shocker that I heard personally, but there could be others. Oh yeah and AMOL released November 2012, but I'm sure that's been mentioned somewhere else.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

As Marie said it was during the coffeeklatch I attended with Harriet and Wilson.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Default Ravens

Halo,
Ravens is the title of an extra chapter in The Eye of the World, only available in the Young Adult editions. It takes place several years before Moiraine comes to Two Rivers if I recall...

I knew some version of The Strike at Shayol Ghul was in the Big White Book, but I recalled there were some small differences of little consequence.

How disappointing that I might have to wait a whole year to start my reread.

From the lack of other input, I guess there are no other materials to be considered for the reread.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Youngling

enak101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Ravens was when Egwene was what 12 or 13? Or maybe 15. It didn't find it very interesting.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lord of the Dark View Post
From the lack of other input, I guess there are no other materials to be considered for the reread.
You could always trawl through the interview database (in sig link). Some good bits there that can fill in a few details.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I didn't do a pre-TOM reread, so I'm doing a post-TOM/pre-AMOL reread. I'm on book four, no idea how long it'll take me.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

If I do a reread (a slim possibility), it will consist of either of these 2 options:

1. Simply reread Books 8-13 again as I haven't read them as many times as the first 7 (which I've read probably 50 times total in the last 16-17 years).

2. Random order reread...something I started doing a few years back to break up the monotony of the reread. I just randomly pick the books in no specific order. There are no continuity issues as I've read them all enough to not be confused.

Right now, I'm working on my GRRM reread in anticipation of Dance coming out in early July. I'm already 150 pages into Feast for Crows so I'll be done that shortly. I forgot how great his books were as I hadnt read them in 2-3 years. After that I have probably a good dozen other books to read that I haven't ever read but are sitting on my shelves.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

I have also decided to stop Slacking ))) Hahahaahah, still laughing about Ghaeldan. oh well.

So i am going to do a reread and I will make my own questionlist again.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

GLOTD!! Hi!!

(We - I - made the decision to get rid of all corded blinds last night and we have no kids. Just cords that brush against the blinds, and the wall and themselves, all. damn. night. Excellent idea!)

I did my last full re-read in 2010 before JordanCon, and it ttok WAY less than 6 months, and that was with me trying to actually read every word (do you do that once you're read something many times, find that you're skipping entire paragraphs because you know what happens?) You'll for sure be skipping irrelevant sections at minimum.

Before ToM, I re-read aGS only, and then went back and re-read PoD onwards, finishing again with ToM. Dav's right, it seems to me that I'm far less able to be precise with recalling what happened in PoD onwards, likely because I've simply read them less.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

I'll reread with you. I even have the d20 book, so nyah.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Ok

I'm committing to start tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

We starting with book 1 or we starting with ToM and go back?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

doing a reread myself now. on tDR right now.

and never read Ravens. anyone can give me a short recap?

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Tam is telling the story of LTT and the age of Legends to Eggy, Rand etc.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
and never read Ravens. anyone can give me a short recap?
Here.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 06-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default I'm starting with 1