art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): bautaubogabr,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Elder

Juan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud ofJuan has much to be proud of

@Unreasoner
Aww, it's so cute for you to come to your lady's rescue. See what you're doing here is labeling zombie as a damsel in distress and you are coming to his rescue. From what you and Zombie are basically arguing, he should be able to do that without you butting in to help. He can do it himself. He needs no rescuing.

I went to a garage sale. "How much for the garage?" "It's not for sale."
Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

I could be mistaken, but I believe you and Nygma are in the minority here, so it could have been for anyone. But I post because I just can't shut myself up. Although I like Zombie. Despite him being an Egwene fanboy. But I didn't do it for him. I did it for you.

You are missing my point. It doesn't matter what the real world situation is, or even what the objective and unnarrated events in the books are. Thematically, women in distress is given greater weight in the story.

Your last post didn't address anything but the existence of mine.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Your last post didn't address anything but the existence of mine.
It's because at this point, unable to process any thoughts with his tiny mind, Juan has resorted to nothing but trolling. Throwing about gender-based and homophobic "insults" in a thread where we are discussing those very subjects is just the tip of the iceberg for this miserable excuse for a human being.

Just leave it, Unreasoner. If rationality, politeness, and calm explanation can't get through to this idiot, I doubt getting into a flamewar with it will help.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
I don't have the quote, but she said she'd spank her if she wasn't still there in the morning. She didn't say when she would spank her, so she never has to.
Found it:
Quote:
Cadsuane had been looking thoughtfully at the door that had closed behind Merean and Larelle, but she turned a piercing gaze on Moiraine. “You’ve worn the shawl five months, and you have affairs that cannot wait? Pshaaw! You still haven’t learned the first real lesson, that the shawl means you are ready to truly begin learning. The second lesson is caution. I know very well how hard that is to find when you’re young and have saidar at your fingertips and the world at your feet. As you think.” Moiraine tried to fit a word in, but she might as well have stood in front of that avalanche. “You will take great risks in your life, if you live long enough. You already take more than you know. Heed carefully what I say. And do as I say. I will check your bed tonight, and if you are not in it, I will find you and make you weep as you did for those mice. You can dry your tears afterwards on that shawl you believe makes you invincible. It does not.”
No spanking reunion then, as Moiraine was in her bed when the check was made.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Found it:

No spanking reunion then, as Moiraine was in her bed when the check was made.
Missing an opportunity for spanking. That truly is bad writing on the part of RJ.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
I am interested by the idea that Cadsuane will spank her though. Do the Oaths work like that? I seem to remember alanna making threats but she intentionally left a loophole and didn't bother counting all the way to five. What was the exact threat?
Nope. The Oaths don't work that way, otherwise they'd be a lot closer to Compulsion than to promises. Essentially she can make the threat, because she believes that she will follow through with it. This example isn't the best, because we can see that she does at least check that Moiraine was in bed, but it wouldn't compel her to spank her when she next saw her, 25 years later.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Enigma will become famous soon enoughEnigma will become famous soon enough

The oaths do not have to be literal and a lot is in what the speaker intended. I thought that a certain amount of exaduration is allowed.

Tags
character of the week, moiraine, moiraine damodred