art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > General "Other" Books Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Spoiler:
As some (I think Mael?) mentioned several pages earlier, the body the Crippled God got on his ressurection is not suitable to for what needed to be done. As such, it was only a temporary container. The god's body had to be killed to let him leave, which Koryk didn't understand at first. Fiddler's reaction is (iirc, don't have the book here) along the lines of "When he [Koryk] figures it out, he'll be fine."
Note that right after the god's death, something jade-coloured is see spinning into the sky.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset

Last edited by Sarevok; 03-30-2011 at 03:51 AM. Reason: to add spoiler tags
Old 03-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Spoiler:
As some (I think Mael?) mentioned several pages earlier, the body the Crippled God got on his ressurection is not suitable to for what needed to be done. As such, it was only a temporary container. The god's body had to be killed to let him leave, which Koryk didn't understand at first. Fiddler's reaction is (iirc, don't have the book here) along the lines of "When he [Koryk] figures it out, he'll be fine."
Note that right after the god's death, something jade-coloured is see spinning into the sky.
That's the impression I got.

As to Dahl's second question:

Spoiler:
I figured he was either a random regular that no one expected, or a hallucination. I don't think he was someone we already know.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Spoiler:
He was mentioned in one of the books halfway through. It went along the lines of:
Heavy talking to marine: [something about Nefarias Bredd]
Later: Marine: [asks something about Nefarias Bred]
Heavy2: [laughs and explains that Nefarias Bredd is some kind of legendary heavy to whom a bunch of improbable stuff is attributed, but he's probably just a myth]

Old 03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Spoiler:
He was mentioned in one of the books halfway through. It went along the lines of:
Heavy talking to marine: [something about Nefarias Bredd]
Later: Marine: [asks something about Nefarias Bred]
Heavy2: [laughs and explains that Nefarias Bredd is some kind of legendary heavy to whom a bunch of improbable stuff is attributed, but he's probably just a myth]
Right, but I thought the question was whether that was actually him at the end, or just an apparition.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
Right, but I thought the question was whether that was actually him at the end, or just an apparition.
no idea

Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

Well I finally finished the book. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by how many separate threads were tied off, questions answered, and yet so much was left unanswered.

to name a few that come to mind

Quick Ben?

The Emperor's "Demon"?

What's next for Karsa?

Fisher Kel Tath?

Overall I really liked the book. A good ending and well done. Now I need a new book series to tide me over until aMoL comes out in November?.

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason wolfbrother View Post
Well I finally finished the book. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by how many separate threads were tied off, questions answered, and yet so much was left unanswered.

to name a few that come to mind

Quick Ben?

The Emperor's "Demon"?

What's next for Karsa?

Fisher Kel Tath?

Overall I really liked the book. A good ending and well done. Now I need a new book series to tide me over until aMoL comes out in November?.
hopefully we'll get some outriggers(outliers?) that answer some of that stuff.

and if you haven't read them, the Black Company books are a decent read. at least I got a Bridgeburners vibe from them

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 05-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

I don't think we'll ever get an answer on QB. Karsa is supposed to have his own set of outriggers. Not sure about the demon--I thought it was just a funny vignette about Fid.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
I don't think we'll ever get an answer on QB. Karsa is supposed to have his own set of outriggers. Not sure about the demon--I thought it was just a funny vignette about Fid.
might be a bit difficult to write stuff about QB since he went from being not too powerful, but sneaky as hell, into demigod overnight in Reaper's Gale(think that's where he whoops Silchas' butt).

never really felt right about that.

and why Karsa? I like his character, but I at least feel like I've gotten enough of him.

not sure how interesting it would be to read about how he destroys civilization just for the hell of it

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

I agree about Karsa. I like him and all but I don't see the need for any more of his story. We already know he will do what he says he will do. "Witness" The Quick Ben story I would like to read is the group of twelve and their path to the city they fled from into Raraku when being pursued by Whiskeyjack and his battalion. Some back story for each of the twelve souls that inhabit Quick Ben. Find out more about them than the teaser we were given in MoI. I don't think they even listed all twelve souls did they? I can only remember 6 or 7 myself. Maybe I'll look it up later.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I agree about Karsa. I like him and all but I don't see the need for any more of his story. We already know he will do what he says he will do. "Witness" The Quick Ben story I would like to read is the group of twelve and their path to the city they fled from into Raraku when being pursued by Whiskeyjack and his battalion. Some back story for each of the twelve souls that inhabit Quick Ben. Find out more about them than the teaser we were given in MoI. I don't think they even listed all twelve souls did they? I can only remember 6 or 7 myself. Maybe I'll look it up later.
yeah. that would be awesome. also some backstory on Kalam and how he managed to become a super claw-> go rogue and then join the Bridgeburners without Laseen finding him(not like the Bridgeburners are the most anonymous platoon in the empire's military

Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Something else that popped into my head today that I would like to read would be the confrontation between the Seguleh 2nd and Skinner, and why he hates Skinner so much (not that you really need much of a reason).

Another story that would be nice would be Assail. So much to tell there. Silverfox and the T'lan Imass, the human Tyrants that are kicking so much butt, Kyle and his tribe and what makes them so dang tough, the "cousins" as well.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Something else that popped into my head today that I would like to read would be the confrontation between the Seguleh 2nd and Skinner, and why he hates Skinner so much (not that you really need much of a reason).

Another story that would be nice would be Assail. So much to tell there. Silverfox and the T'lan Imass, the human Tyrants that are kicking so much butt, Kyle and his tribe and what makes them so dang tough, the "cousins" as well.
agreed. really wonder what is going on in Assail. though I'm pretty sure ICE will take care of that if it's ever taken care of.

on that note I wonder what the Crimson Guard "tapped into" with their vow.

someone suggested it might be a piece of the Crippled God, but I think it would be lame if every weird thing is connected to him in some way

Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Well, I finally finished it this past week. Sniffle. The worst part about last books is IT IS OVER. But not really, I have only read 2 of the 4 novellas, and haven't even peeked in a bookstore at the companion book(s) by his cohort.

I was very satisfied with the ending, but it did seem that a ton of the cast of characters from other books were kind of...pointless?...ignored?...dismissed too quickly?

still, very enjoyable. I want a re-read for some significant plot details that I am foggy about...I did a bunch of "oh, yeah! forgot that!" moments in this book because I have never done a full re-read. Now to find the time to go through all ten books again. And my WoT reread before 2012. And my GRRM reread. And starting the Black Company books.

I knew Erikson was a romantic, just didn't realize HOW MUCH of a romantic. Things did choke me up a bit in this book.

Favorite scene? The T'Lan Imass. The timing was...unfortunate. lololol.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone read Stonewielder?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

And WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO BLISTIG?

The last I remember he was in the line during the attack, raging and battlelust galore. Did I miss his end? Or, his survival?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
Has anyone read Stonewielder?
yeah. and I liked it. not quite up with Erikson, but very good nontheless(nonetheless?)

and I can't remember what happened to Blistig either