art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Wheel of Time Resources
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default WoT FAQ

I am putting together a WoT FAQ of my own, mean to supplement the DM FAQ which is (despite updates) still quite outdated. This will be a temporary index for Theoryland until the FAQ is completed. All articles are written by me or Marie Curie.

Blood on the Rocks
The Black Tower
Demandred
Rand's New Sword
Lews Therin
Aviendha's Babies
Seanchan Prophecies
The Dark Prophecies
Mirror Worlds
Can Tuon Channel? Has she already?
The Red-Veiled 'Aiel'
The Right to Kill Rand
The Gholam
Gaidal Cain For Noobs
Involuntary Rings

Last edited by Terez; 11-22-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

On a sidenote...Thank-you for taking the time and effort to do this. Both you and Marie Curie are hugely important members of Theoryland and I am very proud to be associated with you through this site.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to 1Powerslave Send a message via MSN to 1Powerslave Send a message via Yahoo to 1Powerslave

I agree. Those are great articles and very interesting reads. Well done.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Also, I am open to constructive criticism and also guest authors - I'm just trying to take some initiative here, mostly because it's easier to link than to type. But those of you who know me know that I do have standards.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lews Therin FAQ
and he talks to himself in his head when he makes the massive weave that killed every Shadowspawn in the Stone without harming anyone else (a pretty complex weave).
As far the weave Rand used in the Stone in tSR to clear out all the Shadowspawn, it seems likely that he was unconsciously tapping in to Lews Therin's unexplained superpower of being able to sense the presence or absence of nearby people rather than doing something special with the One Power. In Maradon it seemed like he was using ordinary weapon weaves and just happened to have uncanny accuracy in hitting the Shadowspawn and avoiding the humans. This is just a nitpick, as whether it was Lews Therin's knowledge of the One Power of Lews Therin's strange Dragon superpowers doesn't really have any bearing on the overall discussion of how Rand is accessing Lews Therin's abilities.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
As far the weave Rand used in the Stone in tSR to clear out all the Shadowspawn, it seems likely that he was unconsciously tapping in to Lews Therin's unexplained superpower of being able to sense the presence or absence of nearby people rather than doing something special with the One Power.
The weave was described. It was incredibly complex.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Okay, the bum link to the 'right to kill Rand' article is fixed.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
The weave was described. It was incredibly complex.
Many disagree with this but I think it was a take off on the weave he used to kill his entire family (just replace Trollocs/Myrdraal with Friends/Family for who it focused on). There are similarities with lightnings going down corridors and what not. It would make a bit of sense that using Callandor like that helped him tap into LTT's memories.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Youngling

Lightning is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your efforts. These links are so complete and compehensive that I got dizzy just trying to read about Rands new sword. For lights sake it's just one sword and still it touched SO MUCH material.

Incidentally I was wondering what this BWB is. I noticed that a lot of the text referencing Hawkwings rise were not part of the books and I had never seen them before. Obviously there is a great source that I'm completely unaware of. Do you guys mind sharing?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Incidentally I was wondering what this BWB is.
Big White Book. The paperback edition is, of course, the LBB (little blue book).
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

My BWB is paperback, but it is still Big and White. At tor.com they call it the BBoBA. I bet Gonzo could figure that one out. Glad you liked them, Lightning!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Youngling

Dewairah is a jewel in the roughDewairah is a jewel in the roughDewairah is a jewel in the roughDewairah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Many disagree with this but I think it was a take off on the weave he used to kill his entire family (just replace Trollocs/Myrdraal with Friends/Family for who it focused on). There are similarities with lightnings going down corridors and what not. It would make a bit of sense that using Callandor like that helped him tap into LTT's memories.
I just started a new re-read and this was my first thought when i reached this part of the EotW prologue.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Nice effort to create a WoT FAQ, however I do see many many problems in these articles. Rather than point those out here, I'll go to a different place.

Last edited by FelixPax; 09-05-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Okay.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

I added a new FAQ for Involuntary Rings.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Enigma will become famous soon enoughEnigma will become famous soon enough

Excelent work on the article about involuntary rings. One thing did occur to me however. Is is just the BA who know how to force another into a link. When the bubble of evil struck the rebel AS camp an AS tried to get Nyneave to join one of the circles springing up but Nynaeve was having her usual channeling problems because she was not angry. I could have sworn from the way it was written the leader of the link lost patience and simply forced her into the circle but I could be wrong about that.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

A very significant difference there is that Nynaeve was trying to get into the circle. What caused the problem then was not an attempt to force someone into a circle against her will, but a fight for dominance. Nynaeve (unconsciously) tried to grab control while she was joining the circle, and the AS in charge of it was not willing to let her.