art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax View Post
Why do you think Edorian is a Darkfriend? Can you provide a text quote, to attempt to show us why?

This is hilarious coming from you. Why don't you come up with a quote for him using your usual method? In my mind this is what happens:

1. Lay all of the books in a line on the floor.
2. Place a fan on the floor at the end of the row of books.
3. Turn on the fan so the pages turn to random places.
4. Blindfold yourself.
5. Spin around until you're dizzy.
6. Step on the row of books.
7. Wherever your right big toe lands is the quote to prove your theory.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Youngling

neurotopia is just really niceneurotopia is just really niceneurotopia is just really niceneurotopia is just really niceneurotopia is just really niceneurotopia is just really nice

Regardless, I hear that's the best way to get out of Finnland.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Characters likely to be revealed as Darkfriends:

Rhuarc and Berelain.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Characters likely to be revealed as Darkfriends:

Rhuarc and Berelain.
Berelain has always been political in her motives, but never DF motivated, and though it would be a blow to the light, I just don't think it would be her.

Rhuarc, always been that straight up father figure to both Berelain and Rand. Not to mention he is highly respected by the other Aiel. I don't see it either, but that would be a HUGE blow to the Light.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Berelain has always been political in her motives, but never DF motivated, and though it would be a blow to the light, I just don't think it would be her.

Rhuarc, always been that straight up father figure to both Berelain and Rand. Not to mention he is highly respected by the other Aiel. I don't see it either, but that would be a HUGE blow to the Light.
Rhuarc is the ultimate sleeper agent...it'd also be pretty funny if Amys was also a Darkfriend.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Rhuarc is the ultimate sleeper agent...it'd also be pretty funny if Amys was also a Darkfriend.
Thats almost asking to get some Egwene bashing...

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Youngling

final death will become famous soon enough

I think that Egwene might go dark once she finds that she failed in her dealings with rand causing the WT to lose all its support. Perhaps she has been compelled so if certain things happen she will try to murder rand.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

I'm down for Sorilea and maybe one other smartfriend turning cloak, but I'm guessing most of the chaos will come from Compulsion victims. Betting on FoM for the big throwdown with traitor reveals and the like. Borderlanders get their last Hoorah when Bashere's compulsion takes over, Gawyn is forced to throttle a compelled Egwene, and then a number of other compelled and lighties get chopped to bits when he goes Suicide Mode, and so on.

General chaos, whee!

And then Demandred unleashes his armies ferreals.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Elder

Landro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really nice

I can see Sorilea as being a DF but a showdown between her and Cads would be about 1 line of text. Sorilea can barely light a candle with the power and Cads still has her paralysis net.

I could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.
Quote:
And there's something...dark...in the images I saw around Lord Davram.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Youngling

eht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant futureeht slat meit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landro View Post
I can see Sorilea as being a DF but a showdown between her and Cads would be about 1 line of text. Sorilea can barely light a candle with the power and Cads still has her paralysis net.
Psht, Sorilea's way too cool and way too smart for that. She's the mountain behind the Wise Ones, and she's not going to get in that kind of pushing match like some little spear-maiden!

[quotepI could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.[/QUOTE]

Eh, don't really see him being DF so much as a compulsion victim... plenty of opportunities for that, while being a darkfriend would have gotten him in trouble when Rand's light-power manifested at Maradon.

That would explain a couple of things nicely - Bashere finally acts on his compulsion, setting the Borderlanders against each other, killing a couple of his fellow leaders before Tenobia guts him with her spear and is slain in the chaos shortly thereafter.

I can see it now. Mmmm, chaos. Nom nom.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
I could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.
Landro, I'm NOT making fun of you, promise, but that was a full on spit take. LOL I think the word you're looking for is "paralis-net."

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Aye, it's quite telling that, among the Lord Dragon's company, only Bashere and this Ablar fellow arouse the young trollop's suspicion.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
Landro, I'm NOT making fun of you, promise, but that was a full on spit take. LOL I think the word you're looking for is "paralis-net."
Pshhh... yes you are, and it's ok cause it was effin hilarious

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Youngling

1eyedfool is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Sorilea. Been discussed enough, Im sold. More top-rank Aiel? Maybe. Not Rhuarc, but some CC will do. Some Maidens?

2) Some Seanchan general. Yulan is my first, as he'the inspirer of the attack on the WT.

3) Windfinders - agree with FelixPax on this, it must be the Master of Blades.

4) Jarid Sarand - he'll be in the Prologue of AMoL.

5) Laras. As a former DF, I mean, turned back to the Light. She has 'a shocking past' and Verin calls her 'most definitely not a DF'. In that case you can say it. My guess entirely: she was a high-ranking DF, caught by Cadsuane, repented and turned to the Light, then hidden by Cads to the WT to save her from the gallows. We'll probably never know, as this smells of unresolved thread.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Youngling

missbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, you can all laugh at me for this one, but I'm putting Enalia up for consideration.

She's introduced together with Melidhra (TFOH 3) in a chapter called 'Pale Shadows'.
There are various remarks on how she takes more guard duty than others.
She's fails to guard Rand when he is attacked on his way to Cairhien (along with other Maidens)
Rand manages a surprise attack on Illian the one time Min decides to cover his absence in ACOS (Enalia was on duty)
I think Min's viewing of 'a wreath of some sort' could be her 'marriage' wreath to the DO