art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (4): aarakatholl, mjarzombejohn, legavulaprinc, sakrsaulb,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

We know it's harder to normal-compel someone holding the Power (from memory, forgive me if I am wrong. I have been on a train for 9h and my head is funny.)

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbaaddon View Post
My question here is how does the ta'veren effect works ? Does it go stronger as the times passez ?
According the Eelfinn in ToM book, the center of the storm can shift, to another individual. In this case, Matrim Cauthon is as of the ending of ToM book, a stronger ta'veren than Rand or Perrin are.

Valan Luca is also an unconfirmed Ta'veren, whom Eldest Alar has seen firsthand.

Valan was at least an equal of Rand al'Thor Ta'vern-ness when he visited Stedding Tsofu. Valan during this time, was a greater Ta'veren than both Mat Cauthon and Perrin Aybara. These comparisons are known, because Alar knew she had this Talent, before Rand arrived at Stedding Tsofu.

One lessor known, example of Ta'veren-ness in action, for the repealing of Padan Fain Mordeith's killer fog from the Rahad. At the time, both Valan Luca and Matrim Cauthon were in Ebou Dar. Where Valan goes, the sunny skies followed. [Well, this changes when gentling begins to catch up to Valan. Then it gets stormy....]

A slightly more known example, is when Perrin, Mat, Rand, Verin & others were pushed by the Pattern to arrive months later on Toman's Head [TGH book]. In a nutshell, Valan Luca's Ta'veren-ness pushed the other three Ta'verens to wait, for him to arrive at the Almoth Plain/Toman's Head from the Borderlands.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com