art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
As interesting idea as it is, those remarks refer to the horrible age difference as Min is older than Rand.
I find it a little bit ludicrous that you would assume such a thing and state in such a way that it seems you expect us to take it for fact based on...your opinion.

Quote:
If there should be promiscuous main female character I'm kind of disappointed it wasn't Tuon.
She had Selucia.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Poll Questions: Lan Mandragoran's Bond(s)

POLL QUESTION #1: Did Lan Mandragoran feel Moiraine Damodred's return to Earth's realm?

POLL QUESTION #2: Is Lan Mandragoran bonded, to not One, but Two women? Namely Nynaeve al'Meara AND Moiraine Damodred, since Moiraine returned to Earth's realm of Flesh Dreams?

Warder Bond Background:

It is known that previously cut-off Warder Bonds can be re-created: as Siuan's Warder was murdered, she was later Stilled. Siuan didn't grieve nor cry about her Warder's Death until AFTER she regained her ability to channel saidar.

Conclusion is Warder Bond can be re-connected or re-created, once a cut is healed or an obstacle removed. [Quite Ganesha-esque, by the way.]

Lan Mandragoran Warder Bond Hypothesis:
  • If Lan dies, both Nynaeve al'Meara AND Moiraine will feel it.
  • If Nynaeve or Moiraine dies, Lan Mandragoran will go Warder Crazy [Rage].

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFiona View Post
This thread has so many irons in the fire that my I think my brain is going to explode trying to follow what is going on here!
It's elementary. Sex, Love & Marriage--in perhaps every form Jordan could think up, or read of. Jane Austin-esque, too.

Heat of passions flames, always return to Nynaeve too--claims Elayne Trakand. Whom do her passions burn for? Lan, Luca.

Quote:
I think the only think I understand at this point is that Felix is the resident "Loony Theory" guy.
At least I make distinctions, between a possibility, a hypothesis and a theory... unlike some individuals, who claim every is a "THEORY".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez27
Yay, a noob who understands distinctions! I can't tell you how many people seem to believe that Felix is somehow representative of Theoryland as a whole. Felix is hyperbole and a half.
Chuckles, that's only because Robert Jordan was a DANCE CRITIC by trade--before writing #WoT!

Dance reviewers, critics are a different Tribe, from Art [Historians] reviewers or critics. One speaks of Patterns of Movement, the Another speaks of Images. Different Spheres, Different Cultures of Speaking, Different Approaches of Partying!

Robert Jordan took a Dance reviewer's approach to writing WoT, not an Art reviewer's. Hyperbole is par for the course!

Life is a Dance.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 02-24-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Youngling

gen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I find it a little bit ludicrous that you would assume such a thing and state in such a way that it seems you expect us to take it for fact based on...your opinion.
Is this supposed to be sarcasm as I can't tell..

If not, at least Egwene and Min seem to consider it rather inappropriate that man is younger in relationship (Min regarding Rand before they actually get into it, Egwene for example about Melindhra and Mat).

Quote:
She had Selucia.
Point taken, though still sounds rather restricted use of imperial power. Truly kinky empresses would definitely find use for deathwatch guards, if not gardeners..
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Is this supposed to be sarcasm as I can't tell..
Nope.

Quote:
If not, at least Egwene and Min seem to consider it rather inappropriate that man is younger in relationship (Min regarding Rand before they actually get into it, Egwene for example about Melindhra and Mat).
It's a possibility, but that's all.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Murandy: Push and Pulls. | Theory Claims & Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
You distracted me with lol so I missed this. I have considered this—I especially considered that Demandred considered the strategic location of Murandy when choosing his lair—but in that case I think that Murandy would have to be something of a staging ground for Shadowspawn.

They're already a relatively minor force (in comparison to the Seanchan, or the Aiel, or the Band, for example, unless they managed to steal dragons), and splitting them doesn't seem wise.
  1. Roedran does not trust the Whitecloaks, since at least the 'Bandit' problem. If not, since the 'Whiteclock War'.
  2. Roedran does not trust the White Tower, since Logain's tale of the Red Ajah came out.
  3. Roedran does not trust Illian, since Sammael threatened an invasion for a major land grab.
  4. Roedran does not trust Egwene al'Vere's Rebel Aes Sedai Army, since she gave away Murandy's Northern lands to a group of Andorans.
  5. Roedran does not trust, Gareth Bryne's Army since he has fought many battles & wars against Murandy.
  6. Roedran does not trust, the Shaido Aiel, since rumors of burnings & attacks are blamed upon them.
  7. Roedran does not trust, the Shadow and his minions.

1. Roedran can use the Seanchan Empire to further his own aims, of removing all female channelers from his Realm.
  2. Roedran can use the Dragonsworn, to further his aims, of bringing Murandians together.
  3. Roedran can use the Seanchan Empire, to strike back at Rand al'Thor possession of Illian. Strike at his Crown, his Power in a Nation.
  4. Roedran can strike back at Caemlyn, at Elayne Trakand seat of Power. Strike at Rand's chosen Ruler of Andor, Queen Elayne Trakand.

1. Fortuona banned an Eastward Attack upon Illian.
  2. Fortuona can allow a Southern Attack upon Illian.
  3. Fortuona and Suroth approved a compromise with King Roedran, just as Tylin Quintara Mitsobar made a compromise with the Seanchan.
  1. Altara and Murandy each have land to regain, from Lord Brend's actions as de facto prior Ruler Illian.
Quote:
“Speaking of the Whitecloaks,” Danelle put in, “it appears that Pedron Niall is conducting secret negotiations, trying to convince Altara and Murandy to cede land to Illian, and thus keep the Council of Nine from invading one or both.”

The Fires of Heaven, Prologue 'The First Sparks Fall'

Quote:
When news of the Dragon Reborn came, I was certain I could hand on to Beslan twice what I hold, and allies of a sort beyond that. The Stone of Tear and Callandor changed everything. Now I thank Pedron Niall when he arranges for Illian to take a hundred-mile swathe of Altara instead of invading. I listen to Jaichim Carridin, and I do not spit in his eye, however many Altarans died in the Whitecloak War.

Lord of Chaos, Chapter 48 'Leaning on the Knife' -- Elayne point of view, Queen Tylin quotation

Isn't an irony, that Padan Fain and Sammael souls have come together, as 'The Creature'? Work'n together now.

1. Padan Fain Mordeith spoke of later "Plans", of using the Seanchan Empire's Sul'dam, Damane at Falme.
  2. Padan Fain Mordeith Sammael, knows the weaknesses and strengths of Murandy, Illian and Seanchan Empire societies.

Advisor:
  1. Padan Fain sought to become Lord Agelmar's "advisor" in Shienar. Denied.
  2. Padan Fain sought to become Lord Turak's "advisor" in Falme. Then thought better of it. Next up Plan B.
  3. Padan Fain Ordeith become an "advisor", for the de facto Ruler of Amadicia, Pedron Niall.
  4. Padan Fain Jeraal Mordeth become an "advisor" for the Cairhien noble rebel Toram Riatin. He sought to undermine Rand's claim to Cairhien Crown, and to kill Rand.

Theory Claim:
Padan Fain Ordeith Jeraal Mordeth Sammael aka 'The Creature' became for a time, King Roedran's personal "advisor".

'Plan B' goes into full action. An enemy of your enemy, gets redirected into your enemy. Use the Seanchan Empire against Rand's interests, 'to protect' Lugard from Rand al'Thor and the Shadow.

Theory Claim:

'The Creature' believes Moridin, Rand, Shaidar Haran and the Dark One are ALL THE SAME BEING. To kill Al'Thor, is to kill Moridin. To strike One, is to strike THEM ALL.

Commerce Angle: Murandy, Far Madding & Kinswomen
  1. Once a crossroads of South's Trading, Kinswomen Trader's have abandoned this Market totally, as of Towers of Midnight book.
  2. It's a choice, Flee or become a Damane. Kinswomen Merchants in Far Madding, have heard rumors of this situation since at least Winter's Heart book [Rand POV].

Maps: Historic 2nd Compact Nations versus current 3rd Age Borders

Notice that during the Time Period of the 2nd Compact, what is now named 'Murandy' was controlled by Two Nations: Eharon, Coremanda.

What is now called the City of Lugard, once was a part of Coremanda, during the 2nd Compact.

What is now called the City of Illian, once was on the borderlines of Eharon and Essenia. It's a recipe for a battleground, in #AMoL book.

Similarly, what was once Manetheren has sort of become unified once again. When Alliandre Maritha Kigarin gave an Oath of Fealty to the Dragon Reborn, via his vassal Perrin Aybara.
[Two overarching problems: 1.) Moghedien influencing the Prophet caused Chaos across Amadicia & Ghealdan; 2.) Demandred is moving Shadowspawn & Shadow Ogiers through Ghealdan via Mountains of Mist from the Shadow Coast Mountains.]

In a nutshell:
  • Murandy is separating into two spheres--Seanchan & Roedran, while Manetheren is loosely becoming one again. Ghealdan is in chaos & divided within itself, while Andor is being divided into multiple spheres.
  • The historic 2nd Age Nation of Aelgar, is being re-unified by Demandred, out of his core strength of found in the Shadow Coast Mountains. Shadow Ogiers loyal to Demandred control the two Steddings, the Ways and the Portal Stones there.

Two AMoL Predictions:
  • Amadicia, Tarabon shall be invaded, and conquered by Demandred's forces in AMoL book. Aelgar shall be re-created under the Shadow.
  • The City of Ebou Dar can resist, Demandred's invasion forces--barely, in #AMoL book.
  • Two important choke points are:
    Four Kings to Caemlyn; Arigall to Maerone.

Mountainous areas in circled in Orange.
    Mountainous areas in circled in Red, are avalanche prone. [Allusions, Foreshadowing of this in series] [Al-Valan-Che can be a word play for 'A Valan Friend']

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 02-24-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Youngling

LadyFiona is just really niceLadyFiona is just really niceLadyFiona is just really niceLadyFiona is just really niceLadyFiona is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to LadyFiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax View Post
POLL QUESTION #1: Did Lan Mandragoran feel Moiraine Damodred's return to Earth's realm?
No. He felt the bond severed. The threads were cut when the doorway was destroyed, because the doorway's connection to the World was severed, like an elastic stretched so far that it snaps in half. Broken elastic cannot "auto-repair" itself just because it isn't stretched anymore.

Quote:
POLL QUESTION #2: Is Lan Mandragoran bonded, to not One, but Two women? Namely Nynaeve al'Meara AND Moiraine Damodred, since Moiraine returned to Earth's realm of Flesh Dreams?
No. Moiraine would have sensed the bond upon her return as well, and I do not think she would have bonded Thom if she realized she were bonded to Lan. She is not a Green, after all.

Quote:
Warder Bond Background:

It is known that previously cut-off Warder Bonds can be re-created: as Siuan's Warder was murdered, she was later Stilled. Siuan didn't grieve nor cry about her Warder's Death until AFTER she regained her ability to channel saidar.

Conclusion is Warder Bond can be re-connected or re-created, once a cut is healed or an obstacle removed. [Quite Ganesha-esque, by the way.]
Not necessarily. What they felt was the severence of the bond. It's like feeling a phantom limb. It's not there anymore, but you can still feel pain from it. Something in their minds/souls made with saidar was torn, but they couldn't feel the tears because they couldn't feel saidar. The bond was not "healed" or "restored" all that was left was a wound, the bond was gone with the Warders' deaths.

Quote:
Lan Mandragoran Warder Bond Hypothesis:
  • If Lan dies, both Nynaeve al'Meara AND Moiraine will feel it.
  • If Nynaeve or Moiraine dies, Lan Mandragoran will go Warder Crazy [Rage].
Lan will go batsh*t crazy if Nynaeve dies, and vice versa, but Moiraine's death will only affect Thom.

Lan will probably go extra crazy because he's realized that Nynaeve has his bond, so it's just his Aes Sedai kicking the bucket, it's his wife.

How much +Crazy Warder Rage will Lan have?

Over Nine Thousand.

"Daddy, do bad people go to St. Louis?"
~Annabel, 5 years old
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Youngling

professorskar will become famous soon enoughprofessorskar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax View Post
[LIST=1]
Isn't an irony, that Padan Fain and Sammael souls have come together, as 'The Creature'? Work'n together now.
lolwut?