art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/2010 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
I've been on a Led Zeppelin kick the last few days. I'm not sure why. I rediscovered the genius of some of their more obscure work, and it's been a lot of fun to listen to some albums I don't get a chance (well, make a chance) to listen to very often.
I'm rather a Zeppelin junky. THey're kind of hit or miss on the later stuff, though. When Bob gets the really high registers on Physical Graffiti and esp. Houses of the Holy...not my thing.

Quote:
Something I've also been trying to explain to friends recently is my overall dislike (yes, dislike) for 90+% of early 90's grunge. I like Nirvana, but most other grunge isn't something I can really get into. I don't really know why, to be honest. I've tried....believe me, I've tried. It just isn't something I can really appreciate.
Funny. The more I listen to Nirvana, the more I don't like the music. Most of it is just annoying to me. Give me Pearl Jam or Soundgarden any day, but I can only take Nirvana in small, well spaced doses. I think it's because they were so overplayed when I was a teenager.

I started listening to some lesser known grunge, like Screaming Trees and Mudhoney recently. It's much heavier and...sloggy. Takes a certain mood.

After Etta James died, we put the Etta James station on our Pandora at home. That kicks ass. I need to get me some more Otis Redding, because I can't believe I didn't listen to much of his stuff before.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistrum View Post
Speaking of Devin, love this song, especially around valentines day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeG-6bpeUkA
been a good, long while since I listened to Strapping Young Lad

*goes to find some on Spotify*

EDIT: which is impossible since they aren't on Spotify. oh well. cba downloading it so guess I'll make do

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"

Last edited by DahLliA; 02-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Ancient

DaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
After Etta James died, we put the Etta James station on our Pandora at home. That kicks ass. I need to get me some more Otis Redding, because I can't believe I didn't listen to much of his stuff before.
If you like old soul, don't ignore what the modern equivalents of those artists are doing!
Anthony Hamilton;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJtQLg4bpU
Alicia Keys;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24gjW4Oqj2k

Just some random songs of them I like and have been listening to.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Youngling

suttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant future
Default Jak o' the Shadows

Somebody posted this at DM. Pretty ace version of Jak made by a fan...

http://fawm.org/songs/28759/
"Waves are the ultimate illusion. They come out of nowhere, instantaneously materialize, and just as quickly they break and vanish. Chasing after such fleeting mirages is a complete wast of time. That is what I choose to do with my life." - Miki Dora
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Nerd!

PS - That's close to how I imagined it, but really I heard it in my head as a traditional American marching song. The kind you sing in tandem.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Youngling

suttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Nerd!

PS - That's close to how I imagined it, but really I heard it in my head as a traditional American marching song. The kind you sing in tandem.
LOL...trust me I'm pretty picky with music. Used to work for Virgin and fan "interpretations" are not evvveeerrr high on my list.

Thought that was pretty good although I agree with you on the marching bit.

Also Im listening to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHiTNy0f9s

& this now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WjhQgYEW04

Does that along with my other posts in this thread salvage my rep at all?
"Waves are the ultimate illusion. They come out of nowhere, instantaneously materialize, and just as quickly they break and vanish. Chasing after such fleeting mirages is a complete wast of time. That is what I choose to do with my life." - Miki Dora

Last edited by suttree; 02-24-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

During the school week I mainly listen to classical/big band/jazz/ orchestra and lately I have begun to incorporate more contemporary epic music. If any of you have heard of "Two Steps From Hell" then you know what I am talking about. They make epic music for the movies as well as video games.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNRIM2pdaQ

" 'Looks like the game can be won after all,' [Mat] said. 'Tell the foxes I'm mighty pleased with this key they gave me. Also, you can all go rot in a flaming pit of fire and ashes, you unwashed lumps on a pig's backside. Have a grand bloody day.' "

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."
Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res_Ipsa View Post
During the school week I mainly listen to classical/big band/jazz/ orchestra and lately I have begun to incorporate more contemporary epic music. If any of you have heard of "Two Steps From Hell" then you know what I am talking about. They make epic music for the movies as well as video games.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNRIM2pdaQ
YES YES YES YES YES! This! So much! I had only recently discovered Two Steps From Hell, and as soon as I heard them, I bought their Invincible cd. So awesome!

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Youngling

Default Johnny Thunders

"One Track Mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMgYD5BgP9k

"Chinese Rocks"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_-HR3R72hc

Last edited by suttree; 02-27-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Quote:
YES YES YES YES YES! This! So much! I had only recently discovered Two Steps From Hell, and as soon as I heard them, I bought their Invincible cd. So awesome!
Speaking of, I just discovered this gem tonight. It is full of awesome and win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ1GbBlS9wM

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam