art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
If Sammael had sent that particular Darkhound after her, she'd be dead. He didn't send Darkhounds after her until they left the city.
I'm saying he sent all the rest of the darkhounds after her and the gang because the first one that he sent after them was killed by Lan and/or Moiraine.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Youngling

Tollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of light

Moiraine seems to do a lot of things "behind the scenes" in TGH and TDR. Was that a design by RJ to create some suspicion around her motives? It seems strange that someone could be so meticulous with the plot only to have Moiraine walk in and "know" about Sammael and Bel'al
Old 03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollingtoy View Post
Moiraine seems to do a lot of things "behind the scenes" in TGH and TDR. Was that a design by RJ to create some suspicion around her motives? It seems strange that someone could be so meticulous with the plot only to have Moiraine walk in and "know" about Sammael and Bel'al
RJ did go out of his way to establish the extensive Eyes and Ears network available to Moiraine at the beginning of TDR. And while she did find out about Sammael very quickly, I think they were in Tear for days before going after Bel'al.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Both Sammael and Be'lal were happily projecting their dreams to all and sundry. That too might have given some clues to an AS who knew what to look out for.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Youngling

clarett is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Both Sammael and Be'lal were happily projecting their dreams to all and sundry. That too might have given some clues to an AS who knew what to look out for.
I agree, kind of like how they were able to track Rand through the effects of Tav'yren. Things were happening in Illian and Tear that Moiraine's eyes and ears reported. She said multiple times something to the effect of "signs are always there if you know what to look for"
Old 03-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Youngling

wireguy has a spectacular aura aboutwireguy has a spectacular aura aboutwireguy has a spectacular aura about

I think that possibly RJ was planting the seeds of suspicion at the beginning of TGH. At the darkfriend social Bors spends a lot of time describing people he sees, these people include a couple Aes Sedai and a Shienaran among others. RJ confirmed in an interview that Ingtar was present at the social. Later Lan is talking to Rand on a tower top and mentions that Ingtar has been gone on a hunting trip for a long time and also mentions that Moiraine has also been gone because she needs to be alone sometimes. They both happen to arrive back at Fal Dara at approximately the same time, Moiraine in the night and Ingtar that morning. I found it suspicious but based on current information it was probably just a red herring as far as Moiraine goes.

In response to the question of how she knew of Be'lal and Sammael.... No idea other than what has been speculated already.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

I think tDR makes most of it clear. Moiraine already knew she was likely searching for one of the forsaken when she left the inn. If she was able to eavesdrop on Moiraine and Asmo with her stone undectected, its quite possible she could do the same for Lord Brend in the palace of the council of nine.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwolf View Post
I think tDR makes most of it clear. Moiraine already knew she was likely searching for one of the forsaken when she left the inn. If she was able to eavesdrop on Moiraine and Asmo with her stone undectected, its quite possible she could do the same for Lord Brend in the palace of the council of nine.
Yes, but it is less certain that she would have dared do so.

When she was listening in on Rand and Asmodean's conversations, she had a couple of advantages which did not apply to listening to another male Forsaken:
-She had some experience with what men could and could not do with the OP.
-She actually knew precisely who she was targeting.
-She knew that if she were found out, the most she could expect was verbal anger. If Sammael had discovered her, he might have send Darkhounds after her.
-If either Rand or Asmodean had noticed female channeling without noticing more, they wouldn't have considered that particularly suspicious.

All in all, it's about the difference between eavesdropping on a friend, or doing so with a gangster boss.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Spidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to allSpidy is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Spidy

1. Sammael didn't shield his dreams.

2. Four Forsaken were known to Moiraine by this time so it is not a stretch to assume more were out. Sammael makes five.

3. Darkhounds in play.

4. No Aes Sedai injunction in Illian so she could go were she chose as she wanted.

5. Forsaken did not care about "so called" Aes Sedai as they were no threat at all, as shown by Moiraine flight from Illian asap.

6. Mashadar poppd up and told her Sammy was in town.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

On Moiraine.

I think she will be queen in Cairhien before the end.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Youngling

Seth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of light

That would require Elayne dying or abdicating, and I don't see that happening.