art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7501

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:Tex Knoll , josepcristano24, Awildali, KrystalReign, hafezy20, MGLMRaBBaNy, vinzie, aron123, plefasrol89, jsmseow2,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THE BOOKS OF TRANSLATION > Brandon Sanderson
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael
Default The Inevitable WOT/Cosmere Crossover

Lupusdeusest and I were just discussing this on Facebook... some of the gems we came up with...

Quote:
"Rand! The only way to seal the bore is with this!" "What is it?" "It's a kind of ter'angreal... called a shard of adonalsium!.

Lan with shardkit....

"Siuan! You and Moiraine may have had your abilities with the OP reduced, but did you know you can ingest and burn metals to similar effect?"

"Vin! Imagine you are a rose..." "What's a rose?"

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Youngling

NaeffOfDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Demandred has been posing as Hoid the whole time. How did we miss that?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Youngling

Cortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of light

Oh man, imagine Channelling + Feruchemy or Bendalloy

Burn some Bendalloy
weave a bunch of nasty things
release the speed bubble
???
PROFIT

Or have some stored up mental speed to instantly win channellling fights?

Nicrosil stores "Investure" which is basically any of the systems of magic in the cosmere, so I assume you could "store" your allomancy, making you a weaker allomancer, then using it to become more powerful... Imagine doing this with channelling....
IMAGINE THIS WITH A GIANT SA"ANGREAL it would be like compounding... x1000.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Hero: The Prophet of Moiraine

Seeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond reputeSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortar View Post
Oh man, imagine Channelling + Feruchemy or Bendalloy

Burn some Bendalloy
weave a bunch of nasty things
release the speed bubble
???
PROFIT

Or have some stored up mental speed to instantly win channellling fights?

Nicrosil stores "Investure" which is basically any of the systems of magic in the cosmere, so I assume you could "store" your allomancy, making you a weaker allomancer, then using it to become more powerful... Imagine doing this with channelling....
IMAGINE THIS WITH A GIANT SA"ANGREAL it would be like compounding... x1000.
I like the thought of hemolurgic spikes made of surge-binding gems.
If his bride didn't like it, St. Peter wouldn't mind.

Well, now I lie here so out of breath and... over opiated.
Maybe I couldn't catch up no, but maybe she could have waited.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Such nerds you are lololol. The fact I understand this and laughed labels me too though
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
Such nerds you are lololol. The fact I understand this and laughed labels me too though
Takes one to know one!

Er, wait, you already said that.

Damn.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Youngling

utinbaho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeffOfDreams View Post
Demandred has been posing as Hoid the whole time. How did we miss that?
its not demandred, its nakomi. shara is the terrisman homeland.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Elder

Ieyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
The Inevitable WOT/Cosmere Crossover
I am rather worried about this occurring. My hope is that BS will limit this to his own work, as I do not feel WOT is his work to add such to. I am sure he can work it in a way that won't really ruin anything in WOT, but I hope he doesn't make any attempt within Robert Jordan's story.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez Send a message via MSN to Terez Send a message via Yahoo to Terez

He always says he's not going to when the subject comes up (e.g. when fans ask if Hoid will make an appearance).

Wheel of Time Reference Library @Terez27

Qui nos rodunt confundantur, et cum iustis non scribantur.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I feel I should make it clear I used that particular wording because I thought it was common enough knowledge that Brandon had said it was far from inevitable. This was basically just Lupus and I having fun.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known