art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7471

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:Asifa1, zzidiccus abu z, EricHannig, cashflowgold, universaldirect, scm288, sojolbd, amphetadex, Hulle, AesSedaiWitch,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Youngling

MehtaXephon is just really niceMehtaXephon is just really niceMehtaXephon is just really niceMehtaXephon is just really nice
Smile Sandip Mehta

Hello!

Well, I finally did it! signed up for Theoryland. Can't wait to get me T-shirt!

I had a blast meeting everyone at JordanCon4!!
I am done processing the (usuable) photos and will upload them tonight. About 750 photos! I want to share my great memories with everyone

Warmest Regards,
Sandip (sun-deep) Mehta
MehtaXephon
studioxephon.com (my paintings)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Mehta!!! (So, you are the dude that was "sitting" next to me during the trivia at JCon. I was the weird chick there via Skype... and had you actually listened to me you may have come in 1st and not 3rd. Proof you guys didnt cheat )As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. We like to try and use enough wit to neutralize the trollies without help...

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~do not feel you MUST click on Lordy's sig links and join just cause he's Lordy... it's not mandatory, butt shhhh! I did not tell you that!

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you there are always ways to fight back! With your on bag o'quotes of course!

We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!
Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury

Last edited by Zaela Sedai; 05-01-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I was so excited to be first i didn't put the right name!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Welcome )))
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez Send a message via MSN to Terez Send a message via Yahoo to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehtaXephon View Post
Hello!

Well, I finally did it! signed up for Theoryland. Can't wait to get me T-shirt!

I had a blast meeting everyone at JordanCon4!!
I am done processing the (usuable) photos and will upload them tonight. About 750 photos! I want to share my great memories with everyone

Warmest Regards,
Sandip (sun-deep) Mehta
MehtaXephon
studioxephon.com (my paintings)
Thanks so much for the pictures Sandip. I used one of them as my Facebook profile pic. Figured it was time for a new one that didn't have me hiding behind a picket sign...also, you got pics of most of the people I need for my report, which is great. I found the others elsewhere.

Wheel of Time Reference Library @Terez27

Qui nos rodunt confundantur, et cum iustis non scribantur.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Sandip!

Dive right in the WoT boards, enjoy the databases and don't be discouraged by the loony!
Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam. And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah… So tweasuwe youw wove -- The Princess Bride
Theoryland Siren

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Welcome, Sandip! nice to meet ya (again, kind of)! I will have to check out the Jcon pix. ETA: Very nice photos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela Sedai View Post
(So, you are the dude that was "sitting" next to me during the trivia at JCon. I was the weird chick there via Skype... and had you actually listened to me you may have come in 1st and not 3rd.
LOL

Well, he has a better chance now that he is a Theorylander

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 04-26-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Ancient

DaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant future

Heya Sandip! Nice seeing you again, please stick around!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Yeah.

A lot of fanatics and loonies here.
You'll probably fit right in.

Don't be afraid to post your theories.

I've posted a lot of things that's been shot down but they haven't strung me up.....yet
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
I've posted a lot of things that's been shot down but they haven't strung me up.....yet
Don't worry about it - they're getting to you.

Welcome to TL, Sandip! Great pictures. I'm really sorry I missed out on all the fun.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt at JordanCon but welcome!!!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

I've heard good things about you, welcome! And thanks for the pics! Sharing is a wunnerful thing
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Welcome to TL

<--- beery goodness(camerafree zone when BAC goes above 0.1 %)

pictures --->

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Yay! I'm glad you joined us!

The pictures were amazing, I was really shocked at how clear the ones from the auction/ proposal/ dance were! It was DARK in there!

At any rate, stick around and you'll get that t-shirt next year!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper